Interventions in pulmonary medicine [electronic resource] / Jose Pablo Díaz-Jimenez, Alicia N. Rodriguez, editors.
- New York, NY : Springer, c2013.
1 online resource.
Lungs -- Interventional radiology.
Lungs -- Diseases -- Diagnosis.
- Medical subjects:
- Radiology, Interventional.
Diagnostic Techniques, Respiratory System.
- Electronic books.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Interventions in Pulmonary Medicine is an important new volume that addresses all areas of interventional pulmonology, a minimally invasive endoscopic way to diagnose and treat lung disorders. This volume contains dedicated chapters that outline the many issues related to lung cancer, both in early and advanced stages, from diagnosis to personalized treatment. It also covers bronchoscopic therapeutic options to benign conditions that are highly prevalent, such as COPD and asthma. Techniques described in this volume are: laser therapy, argon plasma coagulation therapy, cryotherapy, brachytherapy, placement of intrapleural drainage systems, endoscopic treatment of emphysema, stents in the airway, and thermoplasty for bronchial asthma. Diagnostic procedures that are covered are: medical thoracoscopy, flexible and rigid bronchoscopy, endobronchial ultrasound, electromagnetical navigation, and trends in personalized treatment for lung cancer and other benign lung conditions. Chapters are written by experts and the developers of the techniques that are currently considered gold standard. Evidence-based reviews are presented for all topics and indications, and contraindications are discussed. Interventions in Pulmonary Medicine is a must have for pulmonologists, endoscopists, pulmonary oncologists, ENT physicians, thoracic surgeons, anesthesiologists, and intensive care specialists and their teams.
- Basic Endoscopy
Tracheobronchial Anatomy / Juan Antonio Moya Amorós, Anna Ureña Lluberas
Flexible Bronchoscopy / Alicia N. Rodriguez
Rigid Bronchoscopy / Jose Pablo Díaz-Jimenez, Alicia N. Rodriguez
Anesthesia for Interventional Bronchoscopic Procedures / Mona Sarkiss
Evaluating Outcomes After Interventional Procedures / Teruomi Miyazawa, Hiroki Nishine
Bronchoscopy Education: New Insights / Henri G. Colt
Reopening the Airway: Fast Methods
Laser-Assisted Mechanical Resection, Electrocautery, and Argon Plasma Coagulation / Michela Bezzi
Cryotherapy / Jose Pablo Díaz-Jimenez, Rachid Tazi Mezalek
Endobronchial Brachytherapy: Concept, Indications, Technique, and Outcomes / Aruna Turaka, Michael Unger
Photodynamic Therapy for Early and Advanced Lung Cancer / Jose Pablo Díaz-Jimenez, Rachid Tazi Mezalek
Benign Tracheal and Bronchial Stenosis / Jose Pablo Díaz-Jimenez, Rosa M. López Lisbona
Endobronchial Prosthesis / Septimiu Dan Murgu
Lung Cancer Diagnosis
Early Lung Cancer: Methods for Detection / Kazuhiro Yasufuku
Diagnostic of Lung Cancer: Confocal Bronchoscopy / Luc Thiberville, Mathieu Salaun
Optical Coherence Tomography / Norihiko Ikeda, Stephen Lam
Electromagnetic Navigation / Yaser Abu El-Sameed, Elif Küpeli, Atul C. Mehta
Lung Cancer Screening and the National Lung Screening Trial (NLST) / Fabien Maldonado, Eric S. Edell
Tissue Acquisition in Patients with Suspected Lung Cancer: Techniques Available to the Pulmonologist / Vikas Pathak, M. Patricia Rivera
Lung Cancer Staging
The New Lung Cancer TNM Classification: Review and Clinical Implications / Roberto F. Casal, Rodolfo C. Morice
Mediastinoscopy and Its Variants / Ramón Rami-Porta
Endobronchial Ultrasound: Basic Principles / Antoni Rosell Gratacos, Noelia Cubero
Endobronchial Ultrasound: Clinical Applications / Donald Ray Lazarus, Carlos A. Jimenez, George A. Eapen
Pleural Anatomy / Juan Antonio Moya Amorós, Anna Ureña Lluberas
Medical Thoracoscopy / Francisco Rodriguez-Panadero
Overview of the Spectrum of Chest Tubes with Focus on the Tunneled Pleural Catheter: Disease-Specific Selection / Ghazwan Acash, Carla R. Lamb
Interventional Bronchoscopy in Asthma and Emphysema
Endoscopic Methods for Lung Volume Reduction / Luis M. Seijo
Transbronchoscopic Emphysema Treatment with One-Way Zephyr Valves / Amarilio Vieira de Macedo-Neto, Hugo G. de Oliveira
Endoscopic Lung Volume Reduction for Treatment of Advanced Emphysema Using Injectable Hydrogels / Edward P. Ingenito
Bronchial Thermoplasty / Adrian Shifren, Praveen Chenna, Alexander Chen
Interventional Bronchoscopy in Special Situations
Percutaneous Tracheostomy / Anthony W. Gray Jr
Bronchoscopy Role in Interstitial Lung Disease / Maria Molina-Molina
Endoscopic Foreign Body Removal / Karen L. Swanson
Interventional Pulmonology in the Intensive Care Unit / Hector A. Defranchi, Sebastian Defranchi
Bronchoscopy and Interventional Pulmonology: Reflections on the Past, the Present, and the Future / Udaya B. S. Prakash.
- Includes index.
- Díaz-Jimenez, Jose Pablo.
Rodriguez, Alicia N.
- 9781461460091 (electronic bk.)
1461460093 (electronic bk.)
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|