John Grisham's The rainmaker [videorecording] / Constellation Films presents a Douglas/Reuther production in association with American Zoetrope ; produced by Michael Douglas, Steven Reuther and Fred Fuchs ; screen play by Francis Ford Coppola ; directed by Francis Ford Coppola.
- Other Title:
- Rainmaker [videorecording]
- Special collector's ed.
- Hollywood, Calif. : Paramount Home Entertainment, c2007.
1 videodisc (135 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Grisham, John -- Film adaptations.
Lawyers -- United States -- Drama.
Insurance companies -- United States -- Drama.
Health insurance claims -- United States -- Drama.
Honesty -- Drama.
- Feature films.
Thrillers (Motion pictures)
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- English or dubbed French dialogue, English, Portuguese or Spanish subtitles.
- System Details:
- DVD, region 1, widescreen (16:9, enhanced) presentation; Dolby Digital 5.1 surround, Dolby Digital 2.0 stereo. surround, NTSC.
- Rudy is a young lawyer fresh out of college who takes the case of his life. He is the only hope of an elderly couple whose insurance company will not pay for an operation that could save their son's life. Rudy takes on this client in his first case after the head of his law office has to hide because he's wanted by the feds. He must overcome many obstacles inside and outside the courtroom as he attempts to find out what it means to be a lawyer and how far you have to go before you become a sell-out.
- Matt Damon, Claire Danes, Jon Voight, Mary Kay Place, Mickey Rourke, Danny DeVito.
Narrator, Michael Herr.
- Director of photography, John Toll ; editor, Barry Malkin ; music, Elmer Bernstein ; costume designer, Aggie Guerard Rodgers ; production designer, Howard Cummings.
- Title from container.
Based on the novel by John Grisham.
Originally released as a motion picture in 1997.
Special features: Commentary by director Francis Ford Coppola and actor Danny DeVito; watch 'The rainmaker' with Francis Ford Coppola; Francis Ford Coppola directs John Grisham's The rainmaker; deleted scenes; includes extended beginning; alternate ending; 'The rainmaker' screen tests.
- Coppola, Francis Ford, 1939- , Screenwriter, Director
Douglas, Michael, 1944- , Producer
Reuther, Steven. , Producer
Fuchs, Fred (Fred S.) , Producer
Damon, Matt. , Actor
Danes, Claire, 1979- , Actor
Voight, Jon, 1938- , Actor
Place, Mary Kay. , Actor
Rourke, Mickey. , Actor
DeVito, Danny. , Actor
Herr, Michael, 1940- , Narrator
Grisham, John. , Author
Bernstein, Elmer. , Composer
Constellation Films. , Producer
American Zoetrope (Firm). , Producer
Paramount Home Entertainment (Firm) , Producer
- Publisher Number:
12239 Paramount Home Entertainment
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|