Memorials of the English affairs, from the suppos'd expedition of Brute to this island, to the end of the reign of King James the first / by Sir Bulstrode Whitlocke, Lord Commissioner of the Great Seal, &c. ; publish'd from his original manuscript, with some account of his life and writings by William Penn, Esq; Governour of Pensylvania ; and a preface by James Welwood. M.D.
- London : Printed for E. Sanger at the Post-House at the Middle Temple-Gate, E. Curll at the Peacock without Temple-Bar, and J. Pemberton at the Golden-Buck against St. Dunstan's-Church, Fleet-Street, 1709.
, VII, , 310 [i.e.342],  p. ; 32 cm. (fol.)
- ani- t.A. rsen buVi (3) 1709 (A)
- Great Britain -- History -- To 1066.
Great Britain -- History -- 1066-1687.
- Place of Publication:
- England London.
- Signatures: pi1 [A]² B-C², A-Z² 2A-2C² 2C*² 2D² 2D*² 2E² 2E*², ²2D-3K², ²3K-3Z² 4A-4L² (-4L2) a-h².
Title within simple double-lined border.
Includes an initial imprimatur leaf and a final advertisement leaf.
Includes an index.
Page numbers 101-112, 213-226 are duplicated and there is an extra sequence p.105-112, but text is continuous. In addition, page no. 157-158 and 165-166 are omitted and p.161-162 repeated.
- Local notes:
- Culture Class Collection copy has ms. ownership inscription: "Silvanus Bevan 1720" on title page.
- Penn Provenance:
- Bevan, Silvanus (autograph) (inscription) (Culture Class Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- ESTC, T117435
- Penn, William, 1644-1718.
Welwood, James, 1652-1727.
Sanger, Egbert, publisher.
Curll, Edmund, 1675-1747, publisher.
Pemberton, John, -1739, publisher.
Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
English Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|