A narrative and impartial discovery of the horrid popish plot : carried on for the burning and destroying the cities of London and Westminster, with their suburbs, &c. : setting forth the several consults, orders and resolutions of the Jesuites &c. concerning the same and divers depositions and informations, relating thereunto : never before printed / by Capt. William Bedloe, lately engaged in that horrid design, and one of the popish committee for carrying on such fires.
- Other records:
- Other Title:
- Narrative and impartial discovery of the horrid popish plot : carried on for the burning and destroying the cities of London and VVestminster, with their suburbs, &c.
Narrative of the Popes late fire-works in England
- London : Printed for Robert Boulter, John Hancock, Ralph Smith, and Benjamin Harris, booksellers in Cornhil, near the Royal Exchange, 1679.
, 27,  p.,  leaf of plates : port. ; 31 cm (fol.)
- g,m- lyes r.e- whbu (3) 1679 (A)
- Popish Plot, 1678 -- Early works to 1800.
Great Britain -- History -- Charles II, 1660-1685 -- Sources.
Jesuits -- England -- Early works to 1800.
Catholics -- England -- Early works to 1800.
- Place of Publication:
- England London.
- Signatures: pi² A² a² B-H².
Caption title on B1r reads: A narrative of the Popes late fire-works in England.
With a preliminary imprimatur leaf.
With frontispiece portrait (plate) of the author.
- Local notes:
- Culture Class Collection copy bound with: England and Wales. The bill, entituled, An act for preventing occasional conformity. [London] : Printed for Edward Jones ... and Timothy Goodwin ..., 1702 -- Barnardiston, Samuel. The tryal and conviction of Sr. Sam. Bernardiston, Bart., for high-misdemeanor at the session of nisi prius. London : Printed for Benjamin Tooke, at the Ship in S. Pauls Church-Yard, 1684.
Culture Class Collection copy has bookplate of Cyrus Day on front pastedown.
Culture Class Collection copy has autograph of Tho[mas] Pile" on title page.
- Penn Provenance:
- Day, Cyrus (bookplate) (Culture Class Collection copy)
Pile, Thomas (autograph) (Culture Class Collection copy)
- Cited in:
- Wing (CD-ROM, 1996) B1677
- Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
English Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|