The first epistle of the first book of Horace imitated / by Mr. Pope.
- London : Printed for R. Dodsley at Tully's Head in Pall-mall, and sold by T. Cooper in Pater-noster-row, MDCCXXXVII [1737, i.e. 1738]
, 21 [i.e.19],  p. ; 37 cm. (fol.)
- E.OF s?s, e.e: Si55 (3) 1738 (Q)
- Place of Publication:
- England London.
- "Price I s." on titlepage; pp.18-19 misnumbered 20-21.
Publication date from Foxon.
Parallel Latin and English texts.
Price from imprint: price 1 s.
- Local notes:
- Culture Class Collection copy has bookbinder's stamp ("Sangorski & Sutcliffe") on back pastedown.
Culture Class Collection copy bookplate and autograph ("Henry H. Bonnell") in ink followed by ms. purchase inscription ("Brooks 11/15/16") in pencil.
- Penn Provenance:
- Bonnell, Henry H. (Henry Houston), 1859-1926 (autograph) (bookplate) (donor) (Culture Class Collection copy)
Sangorski & Sutcliffe (stamp) (Culture Class Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- ESTC, T5660
Griffith, R.H. Alexander Pope, 480
- Dodsley, Robert, 1703-1764, publisher.
Cooper, Thomas, -1743, bookseller.
Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
English Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|