The Literary journal, and weekly register of science and the arts.
- Other records:
- Providence, R.I. : Joseph Knowles and Co., [1833-34]
1 v. ; 35 cm.
Vol. 1, no. 1 (June 8, 1833)-
Ceased with: v. 1, no. 52 (May 31, 1834).
- American literature -- Periodicals.
American literature -- 19th century -- Periodicals.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Rhode Island Providence.
- Title from caption.
Edited by Albert G. Greene, this journal was devoted mainly to literature and science, poetry, tales, essays, literary reviews, selections from the best American and foreign periodicals, and articles concerning education, morality, science, literature, and the fine arts. Much space was allotted to the early history of the country and to biographies of many authors, including Burns, Southey, and Shelley. Cf. American periodicals, 1741-1900.
- Local notes:
- Culture Class Collection copy consists of all issues in one volume.
- Penn Chronology:
- Greene, Albert G. (Albert Gorton), 1802-1868, ed.
Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
American Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|