Education and the environment : creating standards-based programs in schools and districts / Gerald A. Lieberman.
- Cambridge, Massachusetts : Harvard Education Press, .
xiii, 250 pages ; 24 cm
- Environmental education -- United States.
Education -- Experimental methods.
- Part One: Introducing environment-based education
Why the environment belongs in today's classrooms
Standards and the making of EBE
The benefits of EBE
Implementing EBE in a school, district, or state
Part Two: Creating and implementing an EBE program
Planning for success
Choosing an environmental context
Connecting standards to an environmental context
EBE instructional materials and resources
Student assessment and program evaluation
Appendix A: California's environmental principles and concepts
Appendix B: Summary of the EBE research data
Appendix C: Types of support that stakeholders and partners can provide
Appendix D: Examples of EBE community partners.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 229-237) and index.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Kathryn Faul and Joseph A. Wallace Fund.
- Kathryn Faul and Joseph A. Wallace Fund.
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|