Thomas Merton on Sufism [sound recording] / Thomas Merton; introduced by Anthony Ciorra.
- Standardized Title:
- Second Edition
- [Chevy Chase, Md.] : Now You Know Media, c2014.
- Sound recording
7 sound discs (ca. 350 min.) : digital ; 4 3/4 in.
- Merton, Thomas, 1915-1968.
Spiritual life -- Christianity.
Mysticism -- Islam.
Spiritual life -- Catholic Church.
- "In the 20th century, Thomas Merton, one of Christianity's great mystics, encountered the ancient Eastern mystical tradition known as Sufism. The result was an outpouring of mystical insight and spiritual wisdom. In these thirteen conferences, you will discover what first electrified Merton. Merton will bring you to new and exciting places as he reflects on Sufism and the mystical life."--Container.
- Introduction by Fr. Anthony Ciorra, Ph.D.
Introduction to Sufi Thought
Knowledge of God
God in Creation
The Straight Path
Satisfaction in Asceticism: States and Stations
Awakening to Repentance
Navigating States of Asceticism
The Lucidity of Poverty
Loss and Identity
Obstacles to Mystical Awareness.
- Without ISBN or issue number.
- Ciorra, Anthony J.
Now You Know Media, Inc.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|