Biophilic design [videorecording] : the architecture of life / producer, camera & editor, Bill Finnegan ; written by Stephen Kellert, Bill Finnegan.
- Other Title:
- Architecture of life [videorecording]
- Oley, PA : Bullfrog Films, c2011.
1 videodisc (60 min.) : sd., col. with b&w sequences ; 4 3/4 in.
- Architecture -- Environmental aspects.
Architecture -- Human factors.
Nature -- Psychological aspects.
- Documentary films.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- In English with some French subtitled in English.
Optional English SDH captions for the hearing-impaired.
- System Details:
- DVD; NTSC, Dolby digital 2.0.
- Biophilic design is an innovative way of designing the places where we live, work, and learn. People need nature in a deep and fundamental fashion, but we have often designed our cities and suburbs in ways that both degrade the environment and alienate us from nature. The recent trend in green architecture has decreased the environmental impact of the built environment, but it has accomplished little in the way of reconnecting us to the natural world, the missing piece in the puzzle of sustainable development. The film features buildings that connect people and nature-- hospitals where patients heal faster, schools where children's test scores are higher, offices where workers are more productive, and communities where people know more of their neighbors and families thrive.
- Christopher Andrews, Tim Beatley, Alan Bell, Patrick Berger, Kent Bloomer, Lennart Bogren, Bill Browning, Carrington Conerly, Richard Cook, Judy Corbett, Pliny Fisk III, Ted Flato, Bob Fox, Jan Freitas-Nichols, Howard Frumkin, Trevor Garnham, Anna Grady, Ann Greenamyre, Bert Gregory, Marsha Guerrero, Beth Hadi, Bob Harris, Judith Heerwagen, Grant Hildebrand, Michael Hoke, Buddy Huffaker, Marleen Kaptein, Greg Kats, DeAnna Lawson, Richard Louv, Stefen Lundin, Clare Cooper Marcus, Rick Mattila, Bill McDonough, Jason McLennan, Corin Mellor, Jennifer Mitchell, Nina Moiseiwitsch, Paul Murray, Ed Nagelkirk, Michael Nichols, Stacy Nicholson, David Orr, Margaret Pennock, Tom Phillips, Martha Platt, Anthony Ravitz, Karen Salsbury, David Sellers, Diana Sevelin, James Gustave Speth, Kate Stephenson, Matt Sullivan, Anthony Sutcliffe, Mike Taylor, Toni Torres, Roger Ulrich, Gail Vittori, Martin Werminghausen, Carolyn West, Edward O. Wilson.
- Additional camera, Taylor Gentry, Charles Divak, Hilary Byrne, Daniel Shearer ; sound, Jame Garamella, Dianel Shearer, Bill Finnegan, James Broadhurst ; music, Peter Land, Jaime Garamella ; narrators, Stephen Kellert, Florence Miller.
- Originally produced in 2011.
Special features (access using a PC or MAC): viewer's guide and film locations.
Official Selection, Greenbuild Film Festival ; Official Selection, Environmental Film Festival in the Nation's Capital ; Official Selection, Architecture and Design Film Festival.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Alumni and Friends Memorial Book Fund.
- Finnegan, Bill. , Producer, Screenwriter, Editor, Cinematographer
Kellert, Stephen R. , Screenwriter, Narrator
Miller, Florence. , Narrator
Andrews, Christopher. , Actor
Frumkin, Howard. , Actor
Mitchell, Jennifer. , Actor
Beatley, Timothy, 1957- , Actor
Cook, Richard. , Actor
Wilson, Edward O.. , Actor
West, Carolyn. , Actor
Sutcliffe, Anthony, 1942-2011. , Actor
Garamella, Jaime. , Composer
Land, Peter. , Composer
Bullfrog Films. , Producer, Distributor
Alumni and Friends Memorial Book Fund.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|