My boy Jack [videorecording] / an Ecosse Films and WGBH/Boston production for ITV ; a co-production of Ingenious Broadcasting in association with Octagon Films with the participation of Bord Scannan na hEireann/Irish Film Board ; producers, Michael Casey, Douglas Rae ; screenplay by David Haig ; director, Brian Kirk.
- [London] : BBC Video : 2 Entertain Video Ltd. : Distributed by BBC Worldwide Americas ; Burbank, CA : Distributed by Warner Home Video, c2008.
1 videodisc (ca. 120 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Kipling, Rudyard, 1865-1936 -- Family -- Drama.
Kipling, John, 1897-1915 -- Drama.
Fathers and sons -- Drama.
World War, 1914-1918 -- Drama.
World War, 1914-1918 -- Casualties -- Drama.
- War films.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- English subtitles for the deaf and hearing impaired.
- System Details:
- DVD, region 1, widescreen (16:9 enhanced) presentation; Dolby Digital stereo., DVD9, NTSC.
- It's 1914 and the British Empire's greatest supporter, Rudyard Kipling, is at the peak of his literary fame. Kipling's son, Jack, is determined to play his part in the imminent war with Germany but finds himself rejected due to his poor eyesight. Kipling uses his influence to land Jack a commission in the Irish Guards. Kipling's wife, Caroline, is bitterly upset, failing to see the glory in losing her only son to the war. How will the great writer, torn between his two greatest passions--devotion to King and Country and love for his family--justify the consequences of his actions to himself and his wife?
- Special features: Widescreen version
Interview with Daniel Radcliffe, David Haig and Kim Catrall
- David Haig, Daniel Radcliffe, Carey Mulligan, Julian Wadham, Martin McCann, Kim Cattrall.
- Director of photography, David Odd ; editor, Tim Murrell ; music, Adrian Johnston ; costume designer, Lorna Marie Mugan ; production designer, Dave Arrowsmith.
- Originally broadcast as a made-for-TV movie in 2007.
Special features: Interview with Daniel Radcliffe, David Haig, and Kim Cattrall; deleted scenes.
- Casey, Michael. , Producer
Rae, Douglas. , Producer
Haig, David. , Screenwriter, Adapter, Actor
Kirk, Brian. , Director
Radcliffe, Daniel, 1989- , Actor
Mulligan, Carey, 1985- , Actor
Wadham, Julian, 1958- , Actor
McCann, Martin, 1983- , Actor
Cattrall, Kim. , Actor
Ecosse Films (Firm) , Producer
WGBH (Television station : Boston, Mass.) , Producer
Bord Scannan na hEireann. , Producer
Ingenious Broadcasting (Firm) , Producer
Octagon Films. , Producer
BBC Video (Firm) , Distributor
2 Entertain Video (Firm) , Distributor
BBC Worldwide Americas, Inc.
Warner Home Video (Firm)
- Publisher Number:
1000037030 BBC Video
3000015316 BBC Video
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|