A practical system of modern geography, or, A view of the present state of the world : simplified and adapted to the capacity of youth : containing numerous tables, exhibiting the divisions, settlement, population, extent, lakes, canals, and the various institutions of the United States and Europe, the different forms of government, prevailing religions, the latitutde and longitude of the principal places on the globe : embellished with numerous engravings of manners, customs, &c. : accompanied by a new and improved atlas / by J. Olney.
- Other Title:
- View of the present state of the world
- 13th ed.
- Hartford : Published by D.F. Robinson & Co., sold by all the principal Booksellers in the U. States, 1833, c1828 (Hartford : P. Canfield, printer)
vi, -288 p. : ill. ; 16 cm.
- Geography -- Textbooks -- 1800-1870.
Geography -- Juvenile literature.
Manners and customs -- Juvenile literature.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Connecticut Hartford.
- Wood engravings: frontispiece, illustrations, title vignette.
Frontispiece included in pagination and signed: B.
Some of the ills. are by John Warner Barber; cf. Hamilton, Amer. book illustrators, 367.
Spine title: Olney's geography.
- Local notes:
- Kaplan Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2012 by Arnold and Deanne Kaplan.
- Penn Provenance:
- Kaplan, Arnold (donor) (Kaplan Collection copy)
Kaplan, Deanne (donor) (Kaplan Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- Hamilton, S. Amer. book illustrators, 367
- Barber, John Warner, 1798-1885.
Arnold and Deanne Kaplan Collection of Early American Judaica (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|