The business and management of ocean cruises / edited by Michael Vogel, Alexis Papathanassis, Ben Wolber.
- Wallingford, Oxfordshire ; Cambridge, MA : CABI, c2012.
1 online resource (xvi, 275 pages) : illustrations, maps.
- Ocean travel -- Management.
Cruise lines -- Management.
Cruise lines -- Economic aspects.
- Electronic books.
- This book is divided into six parts, which are organized to guide the reader step by step from the macro level of the cruise industry to the micro level of operations management on board cruise ships. Part I (chapters 1-4) sets the scene for the book by characterizing the conditions under which cruise lines operate. Part II (chapters 5-8) includes four chapters that address issues of significance for corporate managers in the cruise sector. Part III (chapters 9-11) deal with aspects of the marketing mix employed by cruise lines to attract passengers and fill their ships. Part IV (chapters 12-15) is concerned with managerial functions related directly to the cruise product. Part V (chapters 16-19) focuses on operational management functions on board cruise ships. The final Part VI (chapter 20) looks at future development possibilities for the cruise sector.
- The demand for ocean cruises : three perspectives / Michael Vogel and Cristina Oschmann
Development of the cruise industry structure : the supply side / Borislav Bjelicic
Regulatory frameworks of the cruise industry / Cordula Boy and Sarah Neumann
Impacts of cruising / Edward W. Maning
Cruise line strategies for keeping afloat / Sven Gross and Michael Lück
Core cruise operator processes and systems : overview and challenges / Alexis Papathanassis
Cruise lines' purchasing and logistics management / Simon Veþronneau and Jacques Roy
Human resource management in the cruise industry / Philip Gibson and Celia Walters
Marketing communications in the cruise industry / Robert Kwortnik and Joe Rand
Pricing and revenue management for cruises / Michael Vogel
Cruise packages / Grenville Cartledge
Cruise product development / Steffen Spiegel
Itinerary planning / James Henry
Shore-side activities / Wendy R. London
Service quality and the cruise industry / Mandy Aggett and Wai Mun Lim
Hotel operations management on cruise ships / Ben Wolber
Food and beverage operations / Grenville Cartledge
Safety and security management / Sarah Neumann and Andreas Ullrich
Cruise ship marine operations / Simon Veþronneau
Cruise sector growth : prospects, challenges, responsibilities / Alexis Papathanassis and Michael Vogel.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on print version record.
- C.A.B. International.
- Other format:
- Print version: Business and management of ocean cruises.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|