The Classical Tradition : Art, Literature, Thought / Michael Silk, Ingo Gildenhard, and Rosemary Barrow.
- Hoboken : John Wiley & Sons Inc., 2014.
xii, 516 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Classical literature -- History and criticism.
Civilization, Classical -- Influence.
- "The Classical Tradition: Art, Literature, Thought presents an authoritative, coherent and wide-ranging guide to the afterlife of Greco-Roman antiquity in later Western cultures and a ground-breaking reinterpretation of large aspects of Western culture as a whole from a classical perspective. Features a unique combination of chronological range, cultural scope, coherent argument, and unified analysis Written in a lively, engaging, and elegant manner Presents an innovative overview of the afterlife of antiquity Crosses disciplinary boundaries to make new sense of a rich variety of material, rarely brought together Fully illustrated with a mix of color and black & white images "-- Provided by publisher.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Gildenhard, Ingo, 1970-
Barrow, R. J. (Rosemary J.)
- Other format:
- Online version: Silk, Michael. Cassical Tradition
- 9781405155496 (hardback)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|