Connected [videorecording] : autoblography about love, death & technology / presented by The Moxie Institute in association with Impact Partners ; executive producers, Geralyn Dreyfous, Sarah Johnson Redlich, Pam Boll ; produced by Sasha Lewis & Carlton Evans ; directed by Tiffany Shlain ; writers, Tiffany Shlain, Ken Goldberg, Carlton Evans, Sawyer Steele.
- [San Francisco, Calif.?] : Moxie Institute, c2011.
1 videodisc (80 min.) : sd., col. with b&w sequences ; 4 3/4 in.
- Shlain, Tiffany.
Online social networks.
Belonging (Social psychology)
Civilization -- 21st century.
Technology and civilization.
- Documentary films.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- English dialogue; optional Spanish subtitles.
English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing (SDH).
- System Details:
- DVD; NTSC, Dolby digital stereo.
- Have you ever faked a restroom trip to check your email? Slept with your laptop? Or become so overwhelmed that you just unplugged from it all? In this funny, eye-opening, and inspiring film, Director Tiffany Shlain takes audiences on an exhilarating rollercoaster ride to discover what it means to be connected in the 21st century. From founding The Webby Awards to being a passionate advocate for The National Day of Unplugging, Her love/hate relationship with technology serves as the springboard for a thrilling exploration of modern life, and our interconnected future. Equal parts documentary and memoir, the film unfolds during a year in which technology and science literally become a matter of life and death for the director. As Shlain's father, Leonard Shlain, battles brain cancer and she confronts a high-risk pregnancy, her very understanding of connection is challenged. Using a brilliant mix of animation, archival footage, and home movies, Shlain reveals the surprising ties that link us not only to the people we love but also to the world at large. A personal film with universal relevance, Connected explores how, after centuries of declaring our independence, it may be time for us to declare our interdependence instead.
What can the honeybees tell us?
A brief history of history
A vision of division
The evolution of revolution
Actions and chain reactions
Consuming and assuming
Interdependence and social change
A beautiful new day.
- Narrator, Peter Coyote.
- Animation director, Stefan Nadelman ; editors, Tiffany Shlain, Dalan McNabola ; music composition, Gunnard Doboze.
- Originally produced as a motion picture in 2011.
Special features: A declaration of interdependence (4 min.); Yelp: with apologies to Allen Ginsberg (3 min.).
Official selection: 2011 Sundance Film Festival.
- Shlain, Tiffany. , Director, Screenwriter, Editor
Dreyfous, Geralyn White. , Producer
Redlich, Sarah Johnson. , Producer
Boll, Pamela Tanner. , Producer
Lewis, Sasha. , Producer
Evans, Carlton. , Producer, Screenwriter
Goldberg, Ken. , Screenwriter
Steele, Sawyer. , Screenwriter
Coyote, Peter. , Narrator
Doboze, Gunnard. , Composer
Nadelman, Stefan. , Animator
McNabola, Dalan. , Editor
Moxie Institute. , Producer
Impact Partners (Firm) , Producer
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|