Grosse Freiheit Nr. 7 [videorecording] / Die Terra Zeigt ; Ein Film von Helmut Käutner und Richard Nicolas ; Regie, Helmut Käutner.
- Avondale, AZ : rarefilmsandmore.com, [2014?]
1 videodisc (106 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Sailors -- Germany -- Drama.
Singers -- Germany -- Drama.
Hamburg (Germany) -- In motion pictures.
Man-woman relationships -- Drama.
- Musical films.
Motion pictures, German.
- In German; optional subtitles in English.
- System Details:
- DVD, NTSC, Region 1; AC 3, 2 ch.
- Hannes Kröger, a former sailor disappointed with life, every evening sings in a third-class cabaret in the street named Great Freedom (Grosse Freiheit) in Hamburg. His brother, on his death-bed entrusts to him his former mistress. Gradually the young woman wins Hannes' heart. He dedicates to her the song "La Paloma" and is beginning to dream of a life together. Gisa on the other hand, has no idea of this development and regularly meets docker Willem. He and Hannes become serious rivals and Hannes, who feels very hurt, decides to go to sea again.
- Hans Albers, Ilse Werner, Hans Söhnker.
- Cinematographer, Werner Krien; music, Werner Eisbrenner.
- Videodisc release of the motion picture produced in 1944.
Aspect ratio 1.33:1.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Flora Haney Fund.
- Albers, Hans. , Actor
Werner, Ilse, 1921-2005. , Actor
Söhnker, Hans. , Actor
Käutner, Helmut, 1908-1980. , Screenwriter, Director
Nicolas, Richard. , Screenwriter
Eisbrenner, Werner, 1908-1981 , Composer
Terra-Film AG. , Producer
Rarefilmsandmore.com. , Distributor
Flora Haney Fund.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|