Muslims in global politics [electronic resource] : identities, interests, and human rights / Mahmood Monshipouri.
- Other records:
- Other Title:
- Penn Press e-books.
- Philadelphia : University of Pennsylvania Press, c2009.
1 online resource (xiv, 328 p. :) ill
- Islamic countries -- Politics and government -- 21st century.
Human rights -- Religious aspects -- Islam.
Islam and politics.
Muslims -- Political activity -- Europe.
- Electronic books.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Muslims' quest for identities, interest, and human rights
International human rights norms and Muslim experiences
Gender, identity, and negotiating rights
Searching for a modern Islamic identity in Egypt
Occupation, sectarianism, and identity politics in Iraq
The melding of the old and new in the United Arab Emirates
Secularism, Turkish Islam, and identity
The reemergence of populism in Iranian politics : constructing new identities
Negotiating modernity and tradition in Indonesia
Construction of Muslims in Europe: the politics of immigration.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on print version record.
- University of Pennsylvania. Press.
- Other format:
- Print version: Monshipouri, Mahmood, 1952- Muslims in global politics.
- 9780812202830 (electronic bk.)
081220283X (electronic bk.)
9780812241815 (alk. paper)
0812241819 (alk. paper)
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|