Fire in the blood [videorecording] / Dartmouth Films presents ; a Sparkwater India production ; director/producer/writer/editor, Dylan Mohan Gray.
- Northampton, MA : Media Education Foundation ; [San Francisco, CA] : Kanopy, c2013.
1 videodisc (83, 60 minutes) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
4 3/4 in.
- AIDS (Disease) -- Treatment -- Economic aspects -- Developing countries.
Pharmaceutical industry -- Corrupt practices -- Developing countries.
Pharmaceutical industry -- Moral and ethical aspects.
- Feature films.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- Closed-captioned in English with optional English (SDH) subtitles.
- System Details:
- DVD; NTSC; all region (region 0); aspect ratio 16:9; Dolby Digital stereo.
digital optical stereo
video file DVD video region 0
- Fire in the Blood tells the true story of how Western pharmaceutical companies and governments blocked access to low-cost AIDS drugs in Africa and the global south in the 1990s, leading to the preventable deaths of at least ten million people, and how a remarkable coalition of people came together to stop them. Shot on four continents and featuring contributions from global figures such as Bill Clinton, Desmond Tutu, and Joseph Stiglitz, the film offers devastating insights into the lethal decisionmaking process that led to this humanitarian catastrophe. And it shows how, if not for the passion and tactical ingenuity of a group of courageous and relentless activists, millions of more people would have died. The result is a gripping look at corporate greed, government collusion, the cutthroat economics of medicine and healthcare, and the power of ordinary people to make meaningful change on a global scale.
- Full-length version (83 min.)
Abridged version (60 min.)
- Narrator, William Hurt.
- Director of photography, Jay J. Odedra ; editor, Dylan Mohan Gray ; music, Ashutosh Phatak.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Alumni and Friends Memorial Book Fund.
- Gray, Dylan Mohan, director, producer, screenwriter, editor of moving image work., Director, Producer, Screenwriter
Hurt, William, narrator., Narrator
Odedra, Jay J. , Cinematographer
Phatak, Ashutosh. , Composer
Dartmouth Films (Firm), production company., Producer
Sparkwater India (Firm), production company., Producer
Media Education Foundation, publisher., Distributor
Alumni and Friends Memorial Book Fund.
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|