The Stuart Hall Project [videorecording] / British Film Institute presents ; in association with BBC Archives, Arts Council England, Creation Rebel Films, Smoking Dogs Films ; The Open University, BBC Television, Time/Image ; a Smoking Dogs Films production ; written and directed by John Akomfrah ; producers, Lina Gopaul, David Lawson.
- [London] : BFI, 2014.
1 videodisc (99 min.) : sound, color and black & white ; 4 3/4 in.
- Hall, Stuart, 1932-
Sociologists -- Great Britain -- Biography.
- Biographical films.
- System Details:
- DVD; NTSC; all region; aspect ratio 16:9; Dolby digital 5.1 surround.
- "A founding figure of contemporary cultural studies--and one of the most inspiring voices of the post-war Left--Stuart Hall's resounding and ongoing influence on British intellectual life commenced soon after he emigrated from Jamaica in 1951. Combining extensive archival imagery--television excerpts, home movies, family photos--with specially filmed material and a personally mixed Miles Davis soundtrack, Akomfrah's filmmaking approach matches the agility of Hall's intellect, its intimate play with memory, identity and scholarly impulse traversing the changing historical landscape of the second half of the 20th century."--BFI website.
- Stuart Hall.
- Director of photography, Dewald Aukema ; editor, Nse Asuquo ; composer, Trevor Mathison.
- "This program is a version of one made for The Open University social science course"--spoken during opening credits.
"The multiple lives of a multicultural subject made entirely from his film, television, radio and photographic archives; made also with musical fragments from his lifelong listening to Miles Davis"--opening credits.
"BFI film forever"--Container.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Anne and Joseph Trachtman Memorial Book Fund.
- Akomfrah, John. , Director, Screenwriter
Gopaul, Lina. , Producer
Lawson, David. , Producer
Hall, Stuart, 1932-2014 , Actor
Mathison, Trevor, 1960- , Composer
Smoking Dogs Films. , Producer
BBC Archives. , Producer
Arts Council England. , Producer
Creation Rebel Films. , Producer
Open University. , Producer
British Film Institute. , Producer
Anne and Joseph Trachtman Memorial Book Fund.
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|