Redistributing care : the policy challenge / Coral Calderón Magaña, coordinator.
- Santiago, Chile : United Nations, ECLAC, c2013.
- Cuadernos de la CEPAL ; no. 101.
Cuadernos de la CEPAL ; 101
- Government document
414 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Wages -- Women -- Latin America.
Wages -- Caregivers -- Latin America.
Sexual division of labor -- Latin America.
Women -- Employment -- Latin America.
Sex discrimination against women -- Latin America.
Informal sector (Economics) -- Latin America.
Poor women -- Latin America.
Latin America -- Economic conditions.
- This publication offers a representative sample of the thinking developed over recent years in relation to time use, time-use measurement and related policies in Latin America. The issue of care and its importance and meaning have become part of the gender agenda in the region, especially since the tenth session of the Region Conference on Women in Latin America and the Caribbean, held in Quito in 2007. Part 1 discusses how recognizing the sexual division of labour affects public policies. Part 2 uses data collected in Costa Rica, Ecuador, Guatemala and Mexico, to portray the unpaid work scenario in those countries. Also offers an overview of the care economy in the region.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Calderón Magaña, Coral.
United Nations. Economic Commission for Latin America.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|