Orange is the new black. Season one / a Netflix Original Series ; Lionsgate Television ; Tilted Productions ; created by Jenji Kohan ; directed by Michael Trim [and six others] ; written by Jenji Kohan [and seven others] ; executive producer Jenji Kohan, Liz Friedman.
- Other Title:
- Orange is the new black. Season 1 [videorecording]
Orange is the new black. First season [videorecording]
Orange is the new black. 1st season [videorecording]
- Santa Monica, California : Lions Gate Entertainment, 
4 videodiscs (approximately 730 minutes) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
4 3/4 in.
- Kerman, Piper -- Film adaptations.
Federal Correctional Institution (Danbury, Conn.) -- Drama.
Women prisoners -- Connecticut -- Danbury -- Drama.
Reformatories for women -- Connecticut -- Danbury -- Drama.
- Dark comedy television programs.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- In English or dubbed French; English and Spanish subtitles.
- System Details:
- DVD, region 1, widescreen (1.78:1 ; 16x9) presentation; 5.1 Dolby Digital.
digital optical surround Dolby Digital 5.1
widescreen (1.78:1) 24 fps
video file DVD video Region 1
- Follows Brooklynite Piper Chapman, whose wild past comes back to haunt her and results in her arrest and detention in a federal penitentiary. To pay her debt to society, Piper trades her comfortable New York life for an orange prison jumpsuit and finds unexpected conflict and camaraderie amidst an eccentric group of inmates.
- Disc 1. I wasn't ready / written by Jenji Kohan ; directed by Michael Trim ; Tit punch / written by Marco Ramirez ; directed by Uta Briesewitz ; Lesbian request denied / written by Sian Heder ; directed by Jodie Foster ; Imaginary enemies / written by Gary Lennon ; directed by Michael Trim
Disc 2. The chickening / written by Nick Jones ; directed by Andrew McCarthy ; Wac pack / written by Lauren Morelli ; directed by Michael Trim ; Blood donut / written by Sara Hess ; directed by Matt Penn
Disc 3. Moscow mule / written by Marco Ramirez ; directed by Phil Abraham ; F*cksgiving / written by Sian Heder ; directed by Michael Trim ; Bora bora bora / written by Nick Jones ; directed by Andrew McCarthy
Disc 4. Tall men with feelings / written by Lauren Morelli ; directed by Constantine Makris ; Fool me once / written by Sara Hess ; directed by Andrew McCarthy ; Can't fix crazy / written by Tara Herrmann and Jenji Kohan ; directed by Michael Trim .
- Taylor Schilling, Danielle Brooks, Taryn Manning, Joel Garland, Eric J. Carlson, Emma Myles, Jessica Pimentel, Diane Guerrero, Abigail Savage, Laura Prepon, Lolita Foster, Alysiz Reiner, Michael J. Harney, Michelle Hurst, Kate Mulgrew, Jason Biggs, Natasha Lyonne, Pablo Schreiber.
- Title from disc surface.
Based on the memoir Orange is the new black : my year in a woman's prison by Piper Kerman.
Originally made available for online streaming by Netflix in 2013.
Special features: 4 featurettes: New kid on the cell block, Mother hen: Red runs the coop, It's tribal, Prison rules; gag reel; audio commentaries.
- Trim, Michael, television director., Director
Briezewitz, Uta, television director., Director
Foster, Jodie, television director., Director
McCarthy, Andrew, 1962- television director., Director
Abraham, Phil, television director., Director
Penn, Matt, television director., Director
Makris, Constantine, television director., Director
Friedman, Liz, television producer., Producer
Kohan, Jenji, 1969- creator, television producer, screenwriter., Creator, Producer, Screenwriter
Ramirez, Marco, screenwriter., Screenwriter
Heder, Sian, screenwriter., Screenwriter
Lennon, Gary, screenwriter., Screenwriter
Jones, Nick, screenwriter., Screenwriter
Morelli, Lauren, screenwriter., Screenwriter
Hess, Sara, screenwriter., Screenwriter
Herrmann, Tara, screenwriter., Screenwriter
Schilling, Taylor, 1984- actor., Actor
Brooks, Danielle, actor., Actor
Manning, Taryn, actor., Actor
Garland, Joel, actor., Actor
Carlson, Eric J., actor., Actor
Myles, Emma, actor., Actor
Pimentel, Jessica, actor., Actor
Guerrero, Diane, actor., Actor
Savage, Abigail, actor., Actor
Prepon, Laura, 1980- actor., Actor
Foster, Lolita, actor., Actor
Reiner, Alysiz, actor., Actor
Harney, Michael J., actor., Actor
Hurst, Michelle, actor., Actor
Mulgrew, Kate, 1955- actor., Actor
Biggs, Jason, 1978- actor., Actor
Lyonne, Natasha, actor., Actor
Schreiber, Pablo, actor., Actor
Lions Gate Television (Firm), production company., Producer
Tilted Productions (Firm), production company., Producer
Netflix (Firm), production company, broadcaster., Producer, Broadcaster
Lions Gate Entertainment (Firm), film distributor., Distributor
- Television adaptation of: Kerman, Piper., Author Orange is the new black.
- Publisher Number:
45170 Lions Gate Home Entertainment
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|