Parade's end [videorecording] / HBO miniseries presents ; in association with the BBC ; a Mammoth Screen production ; in association with Trademark Films and BBC Worldwide and Lookout Point ; written by Tom Stoppard ; produced by David Parfitt and Selwyn Roberts ; directed by Susanna White.
- [New York, N.Y.] : Home Box Office, Inc., 
- Burbank, CA : Distributed by Warner Home Video, 
2 videodiscs (approximately 300 minutes) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
4 3/4 in.
- Ford, Ford Madox, 1873-1939 -- Film adaptations.
World War, 1914-1918 -- England -- Drama.
Man-woman relationships -- England -- Drama.
Triangles (Interpersonal relations) -- England -- Drama.
Marriage -- England -- Drama.
Aristocracy (Social class) -- England -- Drama.
Suffragists -- England -- Drama.
Feminism -- England -- Drama.
Great Britain -- History -- 20th century -- Drama.
Great Britain -- Social conditions -- 20th century -- Drama.
Ford, Ford Madox, 1873-1939 -- Television adaptations.
- Television melodramas.
Historical television programs.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
Historical television programs.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired
Fiction television programs.
- In English, dubbed French or dubbed Spanish, with optional subtitles in English, Spanish or French.
- System Details:
- DVD, NTSC, region 1, widescreen (16:9) presentation; Dolby Digital 5.1 surround (English and French) and 2.0 (Spanish).
digital optical surround
video file DVD video Region 1
- Set over a tumultuous ten-year period in the early 20th century, this five-hour miniseries tells the story of an honorable Englishman coping with his growing disillusion at the end of a privileged era and the beginning of a new, egalitarian society. As the comfortable certainties of Edwardian England begin to give way to the chaos and destruction of WWI, nobleman Christopher Tietjens puts principles first by marrying Sylvia, a pretty, manipulative socialite who gives birth to a child who may not be his. Christopher endures his new wife's whims and overt indiscretions, foreseeing a cold future with Sylvia at his family's palatial estate, Groby Hall. He finds himself inexorably drawn to a young suffragette, Valentine Wannop, but refuses to give in to their mutual passion or end his marriage with Sylvia, who is alternately infuriated and infatuated by her incorruptible husband. The onset of war, combined with the advent of feminism at home, ushers in far-reaching changes for the English status quo, gradually eroding the constraints that have kept Christopher tethered to his aristocratic past.
- Disc one. Part one ; Part two ; Part three
Disc two. Part four ; Part five.
- Rebecca Hall, Benedict Cumberbatch, Roger Allam, Adelaide Clemens, Anne-Marie Duff, Rupert Everett, Stephen Graham, Janet McTeer, Miranda Richardson.
- Director, Susanna White.
- Based on the novels of Ford Madox Ford.
Originally broadcast on television in Great Britain on BBC Two in 2012. Originally broadcast on television in the United States on HBO in 2013.
"HBO Home Entertainment"--Container.
Bonus feature: Tom Stoppard interview on KCRW's The treatment with Elvis Mitchell.
Title from disc surface.
Athenaeum copy: Title from disc surface.
- Local notes:
- Athenaeum copy: Miller Fund bookplate.
- White, Susanna, director., Director
Parfitt, David, 1958- producer., Producer
Roberts, Selwyn, producer., Producer
Stoppard, Tom, screenwriter., Screenwriter
Cumberbatch, Benedict, 1976- actor., Actor
Hall, Rebecca, 1982- actor., Actor
Allam, Roger, actor., Actor
Clemens, Adelaide, 1989- actor., Actor
Duff, Anne-Marie, actor., Actor
Everett, Rupert, actor., Actor
Graham, Stephen, 1973- actor., Actor
McTeer, Janet, actor., Actor
Richardson, Miranda, actor., Actor
Mison, Tom, 1982- actor., Actor
HBO miniseries (Firm) , Producer
British Broadcasting Corporation. , Producer
Mammoth Screen (Firm) , Producer
Trademark Films. , Producer
BBC Worldwide Ltd. , Producer
Lookout Point (Firm) , Producer
Home Box Office (Firm) , Producer
BBC Two (Television station : London, England). , Producer
HBO Home Entertainment (Firm) , Producer
Warner Home Video (Firm). , Distributor
White, Susanna. , Director
Stoppard, Tom. , Screenwriter
Parfitt, David, 1958- , Producer
Roberts, Selwyn. , Producer
Cumberbatch, Benedict, 1976- , Actor
Hall, Rebecca, 1982- , Actor
Allam, Roger. , Actor
Clemens, Adelaide, 1989- , Actor
Duff, Anne-Marie. , Actor
Everett, Rupert. , Actor
Graham, Stephen, 1973- , Actor
McTeer, Janet. , Actor
Richardson, Miranda. , Actor
Mison, Tom, 1982- , Actor
HBO miniseries (Firm)
British Broadcasting Corporation.
Mammoth Screen (Firm)
BBC Worldwide Ltd.
Lookout Point (Firm)
Home Box Office (Firm)
Warner Home Video (Firm)
BBC Two (Television station : London, England)
HBO Home Entertainment (Firm)
- Publisher Number:
1000385537 Home Box Office
4000042214 Home Box Office
3000051251 Home Box Office
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|