Qian li zou dan qi [videorecording] / Sony Pictures Classics ; Qi le zhu shi hui she, Beijing xin hua mian ying ye you xian gong si, Xianggang jing ying ji tuan qi ye you xian gong si zhi zuo ; dao yan, Zhang Yimou ; jian zhi, zhi pian ren, Xiu Jian, Zhang Weiping, Jiang Zhiqiang ; bian ju, Zou Jingzhi = Riding alone for thousands of miles / Sony Pictures Classics ; A Gilla Co., Ltd, Beiging New Picture Film Co., Ltd, Elite Group Enterprises Inc. production ; directed by Zhang Yimou ; produced by Xiu Jian, Zhang Weiping, Bill Kong ; screenplay by Zou Jingzhi. = 千里走单骑 [videorecording] = Riding alone for thousands of miles / Sony Pictures Classics ; 齐乐珠式会社, 北京新画面影业有限公司, 香港精英集团企业有限公司 制作 ; 导演, 张艺谋 ; 监制, 制片人, 修健, 张伟平, 江志强 ; 编剧, 邹静之.= Riding alone for thousands of miles / Sony Pictures Classics ; A Gilla Co., Ltd, Beiging New Picture Film Co., Ltd, Elite Group Enterprises Inc. production ; directed by Zhang Yimou ; produced by Xiu Jian, Zhang Weiping, Bill Kong ; screenplay by Zou Jingzhi.
- Other Title:
- Riding alone for thousands of miles [videorecording]
- Culver City, Calif. : Sony Pictures Home Entertainment, 
1 videodisc (ca. 109 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Fathers and sons -- Japan -- Drama.
Cancer -- Patients -- Japan -- Drama.
Documentary films -- China -- Yunnan Sheng -- Drama.
Self-perception -- Drama.
Yunnan Sheng (China) -- Drama.
Cancer -- Patients.
Fathers and sons.
China -- Yunnan Sheng
- Feature films.
Melodramas (Motion pictures)
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- Original soundtrack in Chinese and Japanese (5.1 Dolby Digital) or dubbed soundtracks in French (Dolby Surround) or Portuguese (5.1 Dolby Digital); optional subtitles in English, French, Portuguese or Spanish; closed-captioned in English.
- System Details:
- DVD-Video; region 1; anamorphic widescreen (1.85:1); Dolby digital.
- Takada is an aging Japanese fisherman who has been estranged from his son for many years. When the son is diagnosed with terminal cancer his daughter-in-law, Rie, summons him to the hospital. When his son refuses to see him, Rie gives him a videotape about the work his son was doing on a documentary film in a remote region of China's Yunnan province. Still troubled by the relationship, Takada decides to go to China and complete his son's work in part to develop an understanding of his son, and in part to do something for him. Once in China a series of obstacles and relationships bring him unexpectedly closer to both an understanding of himself and of his son.
- Takakura Ken, Terajima Shinobu, Nakai Kiichi, Li Jiamin, Jiang Wen, Qiu Lin.
- Directors of photography, Zhao Xiaoding ; story by Zhang Yimou ; Zou Jingzhi ; Wang Bin ; editor, Cheng Long ; music, Guo Wenjing ; production designer, Sun Li ; Japan section directed by Furuhata Yasuo
- Originally produced as a motion picture in 2005.
Special features: Making-of featurette (19 min.).
- Zhang, Yimou. , Director
Xiu, Jian. , Producer
Zhang, Weiping. , Producer
Kong, Bill. , Producer
Zou, Jingzhi. , Screenwriter
Takakura, Ken, 1931-2014 , Actor
Terajima, Shinobu, 1972- , Actor
Nakai, Kiichi, 1961- , Actor
Li, Jiamin. , Actor
Qiu, Lin. , Actor
Jiang, Wen, 1963- , Actor
Qi le zhu shi hui she , Producer
Beijing xin hua mian ying ye you xian gong si. , Producer
Elite Group Enterprises. , Producer
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment (Firm) , Distributor
Sony Pictures Classics (Firm). , Producer
- Publisher Number:
16585 Sony Pictures Home Entertainment
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|