Living beings : perspectives on interspecies engagements / edited by Penelope Dransart.
- Other Title:
- Perspectives on interspecies engagements
Vital powers and politics.
Human interactions with living things.
- London ; New York : Bloomsbury Academic, 2013.
- A.S.A. monographs ; 50.
ASA monographs, 0066-9679 ; 50
xvi, 213 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Human-animal relationships -- Congresses.
Human-plant relationships -- Congresses.
Human-animal relationships -- Case studies.
Human-plant relationships -- Case studies.
- Living beings and vital powers : an introduction / Penelope Dransart
Being together with animals : death, violence and noncruelty in Hindu imagination / Veena Das
The nature of nature in Ramon Llull / Sarah Jane Boss
The tree of Gernika : political poetics of rootedness and belonging / Safet HadžiMuhamedović
Bringing the forest to the city : spaces imagined in Israeli sacred song circles / Ronit Grossman-Horesh
Sensuous photographies : living things explored through phenomenological practice / Carole Baker
The field : an art experiment in Levinasian ethics / Alana Jelinek, with Juliette Brown
Hunting the wild 'other' to become a man : wildlife tourism and the modern identity crisis in Israeli safaris to East Africa / Rachel Ben-David
Becoming-animal in the Chinese martial arts / D.S. Farrer
Moral issues in engagements between animals and the environment / Anthropomorphism, anthropocentrism and the study of language in primates / David Cockburn
Dressed in furs : clothing and Yaghan multispecies engagements in Tierra del Fuego / Penelope Dransart
Appendix: Modes of being and destinies of living beings in a Mexican book of fate / Penelope Dransart.
- "The chapters in this book are based on a selection of papers presented at the 2011 annual conference of the Association of Social Anthropologists of the United Kingdom and the Commonwealth (ASA), which met in Lampter, Wales, under the title 'Vital Powers and Politics : Human Interactions with Living Things'"--Preface.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Dransart, Penny, editor of compilation.
Association of Social Anthropologists of the UK and the Commonwealth. Conference (2011 : Lampeter, Wales)
- 9780857858412 (HB)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|