The eagle [videorecording] / Focus Features presents, in association with Film4, a Duncan Kenworthy production ; screenplay by Jeremy Brock ; produced by Duncan Kenworthy ; directed by Kevin Macdonald.
- Universal City, CA : Universal Studios Home Entertainment, 2011.
- Focus Features spotlight series.
1 videodisc (114 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Great Britain -- History -- Roman period, 55 B.C.-449 A.D. -- Drama.
Romans -- Great Britain -- Drama.
Gran Bretaña -- Historia -- Hasta 1066 -- Teatro.
Romanos -- Gran Bretaña -- Teatro.
- Películas históricas.
Action and adventure films.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
Video recordings for people with visual disabilities.
- In English, dubbed French or dubbed Spanish, with optional subtitles in English SDH, French or Spanish.
- System Details:
- DVD ; NTSC, region 1 ; anamorphic widescreen (1.85:1) presentation ; Dolby digital 5.1 surround (English, Spanish and French) and DVS 2.0 stereo. surround (English).
- In 140 AD, twenty years after the unexplained disappearance of the entire Ninth Legion in the mountains of Scotland, young centurion Marcus Aquila arrives from Rome to solve the mystery and restore the reputation of his father, the commander of the Ninth. Accompanied only by his British slave Esca, Marcus sets out across Hadrian's Wall into the uncharted highlands of Caledonia to confront its savage tribes, make peace with his father's memory, and retrieve the lost legion's golden emblem.
- Channing Tatum, Jamie Bell, Donald Sutherland, Mark Strong.
- Music, Atli Örvarsson ; editor, Justine Wright ; director of photography, Anthony Dod Mantle.
- Based on the novel : The eagle of the Ninth / by Rosemary Sutcliff.
Includes both theatrical and unrated versions of the film.
Bonus features: Alternate ending; deleted scenes; the eagle: the making of a Roman epic; feature commentary with director Kevin Macdonald.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Jacobs Family Cinema Studies Fund.
- Macdonald, Kevin, 1967- , Director
Kenworthy, Duncan. , Producer
Brock, Jeremy, 1959- , Screenwriter
Tatum, Channing. , Actor
Bell, Jamie, 1986- , Actor
Sutherland, Donald, 1935- , Actor
Strong, Mark, 1963- , Actor
Sutcliff, Rosemary. , Author
Örvarsson, Atli , Composer
Mantle, Anthony Dod , Cinematographer
Focus Features. , Producer
FilmFour (Firm) , Producer
Universal Studios Home Entertainment (Firm) , Distributor
Jacobs Family Cinema Studies Fund.
- Publisher Number:
62112187 Universal Studios Home Entertainment
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|