Japan [videorecording] : three generations of avant-garde architects / written and narrated by Kenneth Frampton ; produced and directed by Michael Blackwood ; a coproduction [of] Michael Blackwood Productions [and] Westdeutscher Rundfunk.
- Other Title:
- Three generations of avant-garde architects [videorecording]
3 generations of avant-garde architects [videorecording]
- [New York, NY] : Michael Blackwood Productions : Distributed by Insight Media, c2006.
1 videodisc (57 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Architects -- Japan -- 20th century.
Avant-garde (Aesthetics) -- Japan.
Architecture -- Japan -- History -- 20th century.
- Documentary films.
- In English with parts in Japanese with English voice-overs.
- System Details:
- DVD-R; this disc is a recorded DVD and may not play on all DVD players or drives.
- Profiles some of Japan's most innovative architects. Documents some of the most convincing, modern architecture of our time.
- Features the following architects: Itsuko Hasegawa, Arata Isozaki, Toyo Itō, Tadao Andō, Kazuo Shinohara, and Fumihiko Maki ; narrated by Kenneth Frampton ; voice-over narration, Kazumi Futagawa.
- Photographer, Mead Hunt ; editor, Jessica Goodyear ; language consultant, Kazumi Futagawa.
- Originally produced in 1988.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Alumni and Friends Memorial Book Fund.
- Blackwood, Michael. , Producer, Director
Frampton, Kenneth. , Screenwriter, Narrator
Futagawa, Kazumi. , Narrator
Hasegawa, Itsuko. , Architect
Isozaki, Arata. , Architect
Itō, Toyoo, 1941- , Architect
Andō, Tadao, 1941- , Architect
Shinohara, Kazuo, 1925-2006. , Architect
Maki, Fumihiko, 1928- , Architect
Michael Blackwood Productions. , Producer
Westdeutscher Rundfunk. , Producer
Insight Media (Firm) , Distributor
Alumni and Friends Memorial Book Fund.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|