- London : Phaidon Press Limited, 2014.
143 pages : chiefly illustrations (chiefly color) ; 27 cm
- Quaytman, Harvey, 1937-2002 -- Catalogs.
Quaytman, Harvey, 1937-2002.
- Harvey Quaytman's interpretation of 1960s minimalism and hard-edge abstraction culminated in work that swayed between two and three dimensions. The result was sometimes odd but always elegant: arching forms appear like wedged shoehorns within the pictorial space, gently exposing painting's material infrastructure. During the 1970s, Quaytman delved further into abstraction, experimenting with rich, heavy pigments as well as his signature medium, rust. From 1985 onwards his work focused on the intersection of lines in cruciform shapes, giving his lifelong curiosity about the nature of painting a strict, mathematical logic. This book explores his work.
- Placing Harvey Quaytman / Dore Ashton
In his own words / Harvey Quaytman and Kimmo Sarje
Paintings and drawings.
- Includes bibliographical references (page 141).
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|