Centra-fuge : music of Charles L. Booker Jr. / New Mexico State University Symphonic Winds, Ken Van Winkle, conductor.
- Other records:
- Other Title:
- Music of Charles L. Booker Jr.
- Clarence, N.Y. : Mark Records, 2007.
- Naxos Music Library.
- Sound recording
1 online resource (1 sound file).
- Booker, Charles L. -- Works -- Performances -- Compact discs.
Roosevelt, Theodore, 1858-1919 -- Influence -- Music -- Performances -- Compact discs.
New Mexico State University Symphonic Winds -- Performances -- Compact discs.
University of Arkansas - Fort Smith -- Music -- Performances -- Compact discs.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Centra-fuge was commissioned by the University of Central Arkansas Music Department for the UCA Wind Ensemble. The piece celebrates the 100th anniversary of UCA, with the piece's title adapted from 'centrifuge' and UCA as a 'center of learning'. The homage is to Hank Levy (composer/arranger for Stan Kenton) and the big band music of Don Ellis. The Rough Rider is based on reflections of the life of Theodore Roosevelt. American Dances was commissioned by the U.S. Air Force Academy Band and premiered at the Arkansas Bandmasters Association Convention on August 1, 2006 in Fort Smith, Ark. Symphony #1 'Prophecy' is based on verses from the Bible, commissioned to commemorate the life of a UCA student killed in a car accident. Carillon Celebration was commissioned by [the late] Chancellor Joel Stubblefield and the University of Arkansas - Fort Smith in honor of the change from Westark College into the University in 2002, the carillon being inspired by the campus bell tower carillon.
- Centra-fuge : homage to Hank Levy and Don Ellis (6:25)
The rough rider : life and times of Theodore Roosevelt (10:46)
American dances: La' Bossa - Allegro (4:40)
La' Blues - Lento (3:16)
La' Fusion - tempo di grimo (Presto) (4:25)
Symphony No. 1 "Prophecy" (22:27)
Carillon celebration (6:12)
- Ken Van Winkle, conductor ; New Mexico State University Symphonic Winds.
- Charles L. Booker, Jr. is Associate Professor and Director of Bands at the University of Arkansas - Fort Smith. He is a composer and former U.S. Army Bandmaster, whose compositions have been performed internationally.
Description based on hard copy version record.
- Van Winkle, Ken. , Conductor
New Mexico State University. Symphonic WInds.
New Mexico State University Symphonic Winds. , Performer
- Booker, Jr., Charles L.. Centra-fuge.
- Other format:
- Source record: Booker, Charles L. Centra-fuge.
- Publisher Number:
7028-MCD Mark Records
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|