Music to celebrate the Resurrection ; I will awake the dawn ; Violin concerto ; In the beginning ; Caritas / Robert Saxton.
- Standardized Title:
- London, England : NMC, , p1991.
- Ancora (London, England)
Naxos Music Library.
- Sound recording
1 online resource (1 sound file).
- Orchestral music.
Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices, 8 parts), Unaccompanied.
Carpenter, Christine, -1329? -- Drama.
- Sung in Latin (2nd work) and English (5th).
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Music to Celebrate the Resurrection of Christ / Robert Saxton (Steuart Bedford, conductor ; English Chamber Orchestra)
I Will Awake the Dawn / Robert Saxton (John Poole, conductor ; BBC Singers)
Violin Concerto / Robert Saxton (Tasmin Little, violin ; Matthias Bamert, conductor ; BBC Symphony Orchestra)
In the Beginning / Robert Saxton (Matthias Bamert, conductor ; BBC Symphony Orchestra)
Caritas / Robert Saxton ; Arnold Wesker (Christopher Ventris, tenor ; Jonathan Best, bass ; Bruce Budd, bass ; Brian Cookson, tenor ; Eirian Davies, soprano ; Paul Wilson, baritone ; A. Galloway Bell, bass ; Linda Ormiston, mezzo-soprano ; Roger Bryson, bass ; Linda Hibberd, mezzo-soprano ; David Gwynne, bass ; Diego Masson, conductor ; English Northern Philharmonia ; Anonymous).
- Tasmin Little, violin (3rd work) ; BBC Singers, John Poole, director (2nd work) ; English Chamber Orchestra, Steuart Bedford, conductor (1st work) ; BBC Symphony Orchestra, Matthias Bamert, conductor (3rd-4th works) ; soloists, English Northern Philharmonia, Diego Masson, conductor (5th work).
- The 1st and 4th works for orchestra; the 2nd for double chorus (SATB), uancc.; the 5th work an opera.
Words of the 2nd work from the Bible; libretto of the 5th work by Arnold Wesker.
Recorded at Snape Maltings, Aldeburgh, Oct. 1989 (1st work); Studio 1, Abbey Road Studios, London, Juy 19-20, 1992 (2nd-4th works); and live at the Wakefield Opera House, during the Huddersfield Contemporary Music Festival, Nov. 21-24, 1991 (5th work).
Previously released on Collins Classics.
Text of 2nd work in Latin with English translation, libretto of 5th work, program notes by the composer, and biographical notes on the composer and performers (31 p.) inserted in container.
Description based on hard copy version record.
- Wesker, Arnold, 1932- , Librettist
Little, Tasmin. , Instrumentalist
Poole, John, 1934-2020 , Conductor
Bedford, Steuart. , Conductor
Bamert, Matthias. , Conductor
Masson, Diego. , Conductor
BBC Singers. , Performer
English Chamber Orchestra. , Performer
BBC Symphony Orchestra. , Performer
English Northern Philharmonia. , Performer
- Saxton, Robert, 1953- Music to celebrate the Resurrection of Christ.
Saxton, Robert, 1953- I will awake the dawn.
Saxton, Robert, 1953- Concertos, violin, orchestra.
Saxton, Robert, 1953- In the beginning.
Saxton, Robert, 1953- Caritas.
I will awake the dawn.
In the beginning.
- Other format:
- Source record: Saxton, Robert, 1953- Selections. Music to celebrate the Resurrection.
- Publisher Number:
NMCD102 NMC Recordings
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|