70th birthday album [electronic resource] / George Crumb.
- Standardized Title:
- Other Title:
- Seventieth birthday album
- New Rochelle, N.Y. : Bridge Records, p1999.
- Naxos Music Library.
- Sound recording
1 online resource (1 sound file)
- Choruses, Secular (Mixed voices) with orchestra.
Percussion and guitar music.
Songs (High voice) with piano.
- The 1st work sung in Latin; the 3rd work sung in English.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Star-child : a parable for soprano, antiphonal children's voices, male speaking choir, bell ringers, and large orchestra (35:36)
Mundus canis = A dog's world (9:41)
Three early songs. Night (2:51) ; Let it be forgotten (3:16) ; Wind elegy (2:24).
- In the 1st work: Susan Narucki, soprano ; Joseph Alessi, trombone solo ; George Crumb and Paul Cesarczyk, bell ringers ; Warsaw Boys' Choir ; Warsaw Philharmonic Choir ; Warsaw Philharmonic Orchestra ; Thomas Conlin, conductor. In the 2nd work: David Starobin, guitar ; George Crumb, percussion. In the 3rd work: Ann Crumb, soprano ; George Crumb, piano.
- Recorded at the American Academy of Arts and Letters, New York, Oct. 1998 (2nd work); Master Sound Astoria, March 1999 (3rd work); Philharmonic Hall, Warsaw and the American Academy of Arts and Letters, July and Aug. 1999 (1st work).
Description based on compact disc version record.
- Narucki, Susan. ,
Alessi, Joseph. , Instrumentalist
Crumb, George. , Instrumentalist
Cesarczyk, Paul. , Instrumentalist
Conlin, Thomas. , Conductor
Starobin, David. , Instrumentalist
Crumb, Ann. ,
Warszawski Chór Chłopięcy. , Performer
Filharmonia Narodowa (Warsaw, Poland). Chór. , Performer
Filharmonia Narodowa (Warsaw, Poland) , Performer
- Crumb, George. Star-child.
Crumb, George. Mundus canis.
Crumb, George. Early songs.
Let it be forgotten.
- Other format:
- Source record:
- Publisher Number:
BCD9095 Bridge Records
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|