A world of their own : [electronic resource] : a history of South African women's education / Meghan Healy-Clancy.
- Charlottesville : University of Virginia Press, 2014.
- Reconsiderations in southern African history
1 online resource.
- Inanda Seminary (Inanda, South Africa).
Women -- Education -- South Africa -- History.
Blacks -- Education.
Women -- Political activity -- South Africa -- History.
South Africa -- Politics and government -- 20th century.
Education -- South Africa -- History -- 20th century.
- Social reproduction in the making of a 'benevolent empire' : 1835-1885
Domestic revolutions and the feminisation of schooling in Natal : 1885-1910
New African women's work in segregationist South Africa : 1910-1948
Education policy and the gendered making of separate development : 1948-1976
Educated African women in a time of political revolution : 1976-1994
- Description based on print version record.
"Originally published in 2013 by the University of KwaZulu- Natal Press"--Title page verso.
Revised version of the author's dissertation--Harvard University, 2011.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Electronic reproduction. Palo Alto, Calif. Available via World Wide Web.
Description based on print version record.
- ebrary, Inc.
- 9780813936093 (electronic bk.)
0813936098 (electronic bk.)
9780813936086 (pbk. : alk. paper)
081393608X (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Publisher Number:
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|