Proceedings of the 22nd International Congress of Byzantine Studies : Sofia, 22-27 August, 2011.
- Sofia, [Bulgaria] : Bulgarian Historical Heritage Foundation, 2011.
- Conference Name:
- International Congress of Byzantine Studies (22nd : 2011 : Sofia, Bulgaria)
3 v. : ill., plans ; 25 cm.
- Byzantine Empire -- Congresses.
Byzantine Empire -- Civilization.
Byzantine Empire -- History -- Congresses.
Byzantine antiquities -- Congresses.
- Conference papers and proceedings.
- Papers in English, French, German, Greek, Italian or Russian.
- The main theme of the congress, Byzantium without borders, aims at exploring the role of this great empire in the medieval world and its undiminished contemporary significance. The Congress program was designed so as to encourage the presentation of research in both traditional and novel areas. There emerged the five main themes around which the round table discussions in volume 2 have been constructed. These are: Philology, Palaeography, Codicology; Archaeology and History; History of Art and Music; Theology and Philosophy; Economy, Politics, Urban Life. Volume 3 contains a diverse collection of more than 500 abstracts of free communications and posters presented at the 22nd International Congress of Byzantine Studies--Publisher.
- V. 1. Plenary papers
v. 2. Abstracts of round table communications
v. 3. Abstracts of free communications.
- International conference held in the main building of Sofia University "St. Kliment Ohridski", Sofia, Bulgaria.
Vol. 1 edited by Iliya Iliev; v. 3 edited by Angel Nikolov, with the assistance of Elena Kostova and Vladimir Angelov.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Albert E. Visk, W'28, Memorial Book Fund.
- Iliev, Ilii︠a︡ (Ilii︠a︡ Georgiev)
Angelov, Vladimir, 1976-
Sofiĭski universitet "Sv. Kliment Okhridski".
Albert E. Visk, W'28, Memorial Book Fund.
- 9789548536035 (v.1)
9789548536042 (v. 2)
9548536048 (v. 2)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|