Behemoth, or, The Long Parliament [electronic resource] / Thomas Hobbes ; edited by Paul Seaward.
- Other Title:
- Oxford Scholarly Editions Online.
- Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2010.
- Clarendon edition of the works of Thomas Hobbes ; v. 10.
Clarendon edition of the works of Thomas Hobbes ; v. 10
1 online resource (x, 426 p.) : ill
- Great Britain -- History -- Puritan Revolution, 1642-1660.
Great Britain -- History -- Civil War, 1642-1649.
Great Britain -- History -- Commonwealth and Protectorate, 1649-1660.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- 'Behemoth' is a history of the English Civil Wars and Interregnum (1640-60) written by one of England's most famous philosophers, Thomas Hobbes. It covers the events which were the background to his major philosophical writings, especially 'Leviathan', and is the only work in which where he discusses them directly.
- Description based on print version record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Seaward, Paul.
- Other format:
- Print version
- 9780191733307 (ebook) :
019173330X (ebook) :
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|