Equity, opportunity and education in postcolonial Southeast Asia / [11 authors] ; edited by Cynthia Joseph and Julie Matthews.
- Abingdon, Oxon ; New York : Routledge, 2014.
- Routledge critical studies in Asian education.
Routledge critical studies in Asian education
x, 216 pages ; 24 cm.
- Educational equalization -- Southeast Asia.
- Ancient and colonial Southeast Asia: cultural and educational contexts / Cynthia Joseph
2. Understanding the cultural politics of Southeast Asian education through postcolonial theory / Cynthia Joseph and Julie Matthews
3. Downplaying difference : representations of diversity in contemporary Burmese schools and educational equity / Brooke A. Treadwell
4. Learner centered pedagogy in post-conflict Timor-Leste : for the benefit of the learner or the learned / Ritesh Shah
5. Technology of dominance, technology of liberation : education in colonial and postcolonial Cambodia / Khatharya Um
6. Change and continuity in the history of Vietnamese higher education / Elizabeth St George
7. Colonization by stealth : the case of Thailand / Edward Rush
8. Paradoxes of discrimination policies and educational attainment : Chinese Indonesians in contemporary Indonesia / Dewi Susanti
9. education politics in postcolonial Malaysia : ethnicity, difference and inequalities / Cynthia Joseph
10. The Singapore education journey : from colonialism to globalism / Catherine Chua Sew Kheng and William Choy
11. Unraveling the palimpsest : Cultural layers of discomfort through three Southeast Asian literary texts in English / Lily Rose Tope.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Joseph, Cynthia, editor of compilation.
Matthews, Julie (Julie Mariko), editor of compilation.
- 9780415834216 (hardback)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|