Ideograms in China / Henri Michaux ; translated from the French by Gustaf Sobin ; with an afterword by Richard Sieburth.
- Standardized Title:
- Idéogrammes en Chine. English
- New York : New Directions Book, 2002.
- New Directions paperbook; NDP929.
New Directions paperbook ; NDP929
58 p. : ill. ; 21 cm.
- Chinese language -- Writing -- Poetry.
Chinese language -- Writing.
- "Previously available only as a limited edition, Henri Michaux's Ideograms in China is now available as a New Directions paperback. Translated by the American poet Gustaf Sobin, this long, illustrated and annotated prose poem was originally written as an introduction to Leon Chang's La calligraphie chinoise (1971), a work that now stands as an important complement to Pound and Ernest Fenollosa's classic study, The Chinese Written Character as a Medium for Poetry."--BOOK JACKET.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 56-58).
- Penn Provenance:
- Gotham Book Mart (former owner) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Gotham Book Mart Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
- 0811214907 (pbk. : alk. paper)
9780811214902 (pbk. : alk. paper)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|