Bibliotheca Thuana, nunc Menarsiana, carmen.
- [Paris? : s.n., 1680?]
7,  p. ; 19 cm. (8vo)
- err. s,us 0)m, s,s, (C) 1680 (Q)
- Thou, Jacques-Auguste de, 1553-1617 -- Library -- Poetry -- Early works to 1800.
Ménars, Jean Jacques Charron, marquis de, d. 1718 -- Library -- Poetry -- Early works to 1800.
Private libraries -- France -- Poetry -- Early works to 1800.
- Place of Publication:
- France Paris.
- On the sale of the de Thou library to J.J. Charron, marquis de Ménars.
- Caption title.
Signed at end: Santolius Victorinus.
Engraved head- and tail-piece representing arms of Charron de Ménars set against background of a library (cf. Guigard).
Also published in 1680 by Sebastian Mabre-Cramoisy in  p. quarto format.
- Local notes:
- Kislak Collection copy bound with: Thou, Jacques-Auguste de. Catalogus bibliothecae Thuanae. Parisiis : Impensis Directionis : Prostat in eadem bibliotheca et apud Dom. Levesque directionis notarium ..., MDCLXXIX .
Kislak Collection copy has ms. bibliographical notes on front pastedown and front free endpaper in black and brown ink; partially illegible ms. inscription in brown ink on back pastedown.
Presented to the Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts by Jay I. Kislak in 2014.
Kislak Collection copy has ms. ownership inscription ("Capucinor. S. Honorati.") of the Capuchin community, rue Saint-Honoré, Paris, France, in brown ink on title leaf and engraved title leaf of first work in volume; oval illustrated bookplate of an unidentified former owner (landscape with nesting bird being fed by another bird, surrounded by motto: PIETA HOMINI TVTISSIMA VIRTVS) affixed to front free endpaper; partially illegible autograph ("A Ber[...] [...]") at head of front free endpaper.
Kislak Collection copy bound in full parchment over square-edge wooden boards; 4 raised bands on spine; evidence of ms. spine title; all edges red.
- Penn Provenance:
- Kislak, Jay I. (donor)
Capucins de la rue Saint-Honoré (former owner) (inscription)
Capuchins (Paris, France) (former owner) (inscription)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- Guigard, J. Nouvel armorial du bibliophile (Paris, 1890), II, p. 125
- Jay I. Kislak Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|