The government of the tongue : selected prose, 1978-1987 / Seamus Heaney.
- Noonday Press ed.
- New York : Noonday Press, 1990, c1988.
- T.S. Eliot memorial lectures (London, England) ; 1986.
xxiii, 169 p. ; 22 cm.
- English poetry -- 20th century -- History and criticism.
American poetry -- 20th century -- History and criticism.
Poetry, Modern -- 20th century -- History and criticism.
- Criticism, interpretation, etc.
- In this volume of critical essays, Seamus Heaney scrutinizes the poetry of many masterful poets. Throughout the collection, Heaney's gifts as a wise and genial reader are exercised with characteristic exactness, and we are reminded, above all, of the essentially gratifying nature of poetry itself. --Publisher.
- "The second part ... consists of the T.S. Eliot Memorial Lectures, delivered in October 1986 at Eliot College, in the University of Kent."--P. ix.
- Local notes:
- Gotham Book Mart Collection copies second printing, 1995.
- Penn Provenance:
- Gotham Book Mart (former owner) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copies 1 & 2)
- Penn Chronology:
- Gotham Book Mart Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
- 0374522200 :
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|