Śārīkamīmāṃsābhāṣya, circa 1700-1850. = शारीकमीमांसाभाष्य, १७००-१८५०.
- circa 1700-1850.
1 item (34 leaves) : paper ; 13 x 29 cm.
- Bādarāyaṇa. Brahmasūtra.
Human body -- Religious aspects -- Hinduism.
Manuscripts, Sanskrit -- 18th century.
Manuscripts, Sanskrit -- 19th century.
Manuscripts -- India -- 18th century.
Manuscripts -- India -- 19th century.
- In Sanskrit (Devanāgarī)
- Manuscript is used for contemplation and study and is a Hindu philosophical treatise from the Advaita (non-dual) Vedānta branch of philosophy; the work is a commentary on the Śārīkamīmāṃsā, which focuses on Vedānta theory of the body and the nature of the Self. The work is also known as the Brahmamīmāṃsā and is a part of the Brahmāsūtra.
- Title from colophon (f. 32v).
Written in 12-14 lines per leaf.
34 leaves foliated [i], 1-33, upper left and lower right verso.
Colophon: iti śrīmadchārīkamīmāṃsābhāṣye śaṃkarabhagavatpādyakṛtau prathamādhyāyasya prathamaḥ pādaḥ // oṃ tat sat // (f. 32v).
Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout; vertical margins marked with double red line.
- Cited in:
- Listed in H.I. Poleman, Census of Indic Manuscripts in the United States and Canada (New Haven, Conn.: American Oriental Society, 1938), Poleman 3941 (UP 832).
- Cited as:
- UPenn Ms. Coll. 390, Item 832
- Contained In:
- Collection of Indic Manuscripts. Item 832
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|