Inflorescence : music from soundSCAPE.
- [New York City] : New Focus Recordings, 2013. , ℗2013.
- Conference Name:
- soundSCAPE festival (Maccagno, Italy)
1 audio disc (60:25) : digital ; 4 3/4 in.
- Songs (High voice) with instrumental ensemble.
Songs (High voice) with piano.
Piano music (4 hands)
- The 1st work sung in French ; the 3rd sung in German ; the 7th sung in English ; the 4th includes wordless vocal sounds, while the 6th is a "mixture of French words, phonemes, non-verbal vocalizations, and other mouth and body sounds..."
- System Details:
- digital optical
audio file CD audio
- Breathing ritual (Inflorescence V) (10:07) ; Transparency (8:04) / Josh Levine
Four songs, op. 12 / Anton Webern (5:16)
Curb weight surgical field / Mark Applebaum (6:04)
Piano piece no. 4 / Frederic Rzewski (7:00)
Récitations no. 9 & 10b / Georges Aperghis (9:58)
Notebook, bedside / Richard Carrick (13:56).
- Tony Arnold, soprano ; Aiyun Huang, percussion ; Thomas Rosenkranz, piano.
- Producer, Aiyun Huang ; recording, editing & mastering engineer, Scott Levine.
- The 1st and 7th works are for soprano, percussion, and piano ; the 2nd work for solo percussion ; the 3rd work for soprano and piano ; the 4th work is for 2 players on 1 piano ; the 5th work is for solo piano ; the 6th work is for solo voice.
Title from disc label.
Recorded 2012, July 17-20, McGill University, Montreal QC.
Highlighting commissioned music from the 2012 soundSCAPE festival in Maccagno, Italy, along with "modern repertory classics and works written expressly" for the performers.
Notes in English, and French, German, and English texts, inserted in container.
- Arnold, Tony, 1966- performer.
Huang, Aiyun, performer.
Rosenkranz, Thomas, 1977- performer.
- Contains: Levine, Josh, 1959- Inflorescence. No. 5, Breathing ritual.
Contains: Levine, Josh, 1959- Transparency. Part 1.
Contains: Webern, Anton, 1883-1945. Lieder, op. 12.
Contains: Applebaum, Mark. Curb weight surgical field.
Contains: Rzewski, Frederic. Pieces, piano (1977). No. 4.
Contains: Aperghis, Georges. Récitations, voice. Selections.
Contains: Carrick, Richard, 1971- Notebook, bedside.
- Publisher Number:
FCR140 New Focus Recordings
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|