Trapped in folklore? : studies in music and dance tradition and their contemporary transformations / edited by Drago Kunej, Urs̆a S̆ivic.
- Berlin : Lit, 
- Musikethnologie ; Bd. 7.
Musikethnologie ethnomusicology ; 7
222 pages : illustrations, music ; 21 cm.
- Folk music -- History and criticism -- Congresses.
Music and folklore -- Congresses.
Music and folklore.
- Criticism, interpretation, etc.
- Questions like 'Trapped in folklore?' open up many possibilities for reflection and prompt different answers. This thematic publication with a rather provocative title discusses questions as to whether the selected musical phenomena are a fossilised form of tradition, folklore and folklorism and, as such, are trapped in a museum-like image isolated from contemporary cultural life, or whether we are looking at active events, changes, and adjustments within contemporary society.
- "This publication consists of a selection of articles presented by scholars from different countries and backgrounds at the international interdisciplinary symposium What to do with Folklore?, an event held in Ljubljana in 2009 and organized by the Institute of Ethnomusicology and the Scientific Research Centre of the Slovenian Academy of Sciences and Arts in order to mark its 75th anniversary."--Page 7.
Includes bibliographical references.
- Kunej, Drago, editor of compilation.
Šivic, Urša, 1974- editor of compilation.
- 9783643902320 (pbk.)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|