The food section : newspaper women and the culinary community / Kimberly Wilmot Voss.
- Lanham : Rowman & Littlefield, 
- Studies in food and gastronomy.
Studies in food and gastronomy
viii, 243 pages ; 24 cm.
- Food writing -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
Newspapers -- Sections, columns, etc. -- United States -- Food -- History -- 20th century.
Women in journalism -- United States.
Food writers -- United States.
- The origins of food journalism in US newspapers
Food and food journalism during and after World War II
Food journalism and the rise of consumer activism
Cookbooks, exchanging recipes, and competitive cooking
Home economics : The study and practice of domestic science in food journalism
The restaurant reviewer as journalist
The death of the women's pages : a changing industry and the legacy of the great food editors.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the James Samuel Blank Fund.
- James Samuel Blank Fund.
9781442227200 (cloth : alk. paper)
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|