Selected poems and four plays of William Butler Yeats / edited and with a new foreword and revised introduction and notes by M.L. Rosenthal.
- Standardized Title:
- Works. Selections. 1996
- 4th ed.
- New York, N.Y. : Scribner Paperback Poetry, 1996.
xliv, 270 pages ; 22 cm
- Ireland -- Literary collections.
- Literary collections.
- Since its first appearance in 1962, M.L. Rosenthal's classic selection of Yeasts's poems and plays has attracted hundreds of thousands of readers. This newly revised edition includes 211 poems and 4 plays. It adds The Words Upon the Window-Pane, one of Yeats's most startling dramatic works in its realistic use of a seance as the setting for an eerily powerful reenactment of Jonathan Swift's vigorous idealism, baffling love relationships, and tragic madness. The collection profits from recent scholarship that has helped to establish Yeats's most reliable texts, in the order set by the poet himself. And his powerful lyrical sequences are amply represented, culminating in the selection from Last Poems and Two Plays, which reaches its climax in the brilliant poetic plays The Death of Cuchulain and Purgatory.
The words upon the window-pane
The death of Cuchulaun
- "First Scribner Paperback Poetry edition"--Title page verso.
Includes bibliographical references (pages 259-261) and indexes.
- Penn Provenance:
- Gotham Book Mart (former owner) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Rosenthal, M. L. (Macha Louis), 1917-1996.
Gotham Book Mart Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
- Other format:
- Online version: Yeats, W.B. (William Butler), 1865-1939. Selections. 1996. Selected poems and four plays of William Butler Yeats.
- 0684826461 (alk. paper)
9780684826462 (alk. paper)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|