The hour. 2 [videorecording] / created by Abi Morgan ; produced by Ruth Kenley-Letts ; in association with BBC America ; a Kudos Film and Television production for BBC.
- Standardized Title:
- Hour (Television program). Series 2.
- Other Title:
- Widescreen presentation.
- [United States] : Distributed by BBC Worldwide Americas : Distributed by Warner Home Video, 
2 videodiscs (367 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- British Broadcasting Corporation. Television Service -- Drama.
Journalists -- England -- Drama.
Television broadcasting of news -- 20th century -- Drama.
Social change -- Great Britain -- Drama.
Cold War -- Drama.
British Broadcasting Corporation. Television Service
Cold War (1945-1989)
Television broadcasting of news.
- Television series.
Journalism television programs.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
Television programs for the hearing impaired.
- In English with optional subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing.
- System Details:
- DVD; NTSC, region 1; Dolby digital stereo.
- "Rejoining The Hour a year on in 1957, the team are still striving to broadcast the stories they believe in, grappling with the disturbing threat of the Cold War and a country in the grip of unsettling, rapid change. Bel is still single and determined not to get involved with another married man, but finds herself taking on her adversary Bill Kendall, an ITV producer whose magnetic charm she can't help but find irresistible. Hector has risen to the status of a national celebrity and, drawn into the seductive glamour of Soho nightclub, El Paradis, falls under the spell of the beautiful and seductive KiKi. No longer happy at The Hour under Randall's new regime, he is tempted by offers from ITV, but when a night at the club goes badly wrong, scandal threatens and Hector must try and stop a news story that could destroy his marriage and his career. Investigative reporter Freddie makes an unexpected return to uncover and tackle police corruption within the world of Soho crime and vice"--Container.
- Disc 1. Episode 1 (61 min.) / written by Abi Morgan ; directed by Sandra Goldbacher
Episode 2 (62 min.) / written by Abi Morgan ; directed by Sandra Goldbacher
Episode 3 (60 min.) / written by Nicole Taylor ; directed by Catherine Morshead.
Disc 2. Episode 4 (61 min.) / written by George Kay ; directed by Catherine Morshead
Episode 5 (62 min.) / written by Abi Morgan ; directed by Jamie Payne
Episode 6 (61 min.) / written by Abi Morgan ; directed by Jamie Payne.
- Romola Garai, Ben Whishaw, Dominic West, Lizzie Brocheré, Peter Capaldi, Hannah Tointon, Tom Burke, Anna Chancellor, Oona Chaplin, Lisa Greenwood, Joshua McGuire, Julian Rhind-Tutt, Vincent Riotta, Peter Sullivan.
- Composer, Kevin Sargent ; director of photography, David Luther.
- Title from container.
16:9 aspect ratio.
Originally broadcast as episodes of the television series in 2012.
Special features: Behind the scenes (12 min.).
- Goldbacher, Sandra, television director., Director
Morshead, Catherine, television director., Director
Payne, Jamie, television director., Director
Kenley-Letts, Ruth, television producer., Producer
Morgan, Abi, creator, screenwriter., Creator, Screenwriter
Taylor, Nicole, screenwriter., Screenwriter
Kay, George, screenwriter., Screenwriter
Garai, Romola, 1982- actor., Actor
Whishaw, Ben, 1980- actor., Actor
West, Dominic, 1970- actor., Actor
Capaldi, Peter, actor., Actor
Tointon, Hannah, actor., Actor
Burke, Tom, 1981- actor., Actor
Chancellor, Anna, actor., Actor
Chaplin, Oona, 1986- actor., Actor
McGuire, Joshua, actor., Actor
Greenwood, Lisa, actor., Actor
Brocheré, Lizzie, actor., Actor
Rhind-Tutt, Julian, 1968- actor., Actor
Riotta, Vincent, actor., Actor
Sullivan, Peter, actor., Actor
Sargent, Kevin. , Composer
Kudos (Firm). , Producer
British Broadcasting Corporation. , Producer
BBC America. , Producer
Warner Home Video (Firm). , Distributor
BBC Worldwide Americas, Inc.. , Distributor
- Publisher Number:
1000337228 Warner Home Video
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|