It's a mad, mad, mad, mad world / produced and directed by Stanely Kramer ; story and screenplay by William and Tania Rose ; Casey Productions.
- Dual format edition.
- [Irvington, NY] : The Criterion Collection, 
- Criterion collection; 692.
Criterion collection ; 692
2 videodiscs (163 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
- Treasure troves -- Drama.
Avarice -- Drama.
California -- Drama.
- Slapstick comedy films.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired
- In English with optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing.
- System Details:
- Blu-ray, region A, widescreen (2.76:1, 16:9) presentation; Dolby digital 5.1; requires Blu-ray player.
digital optical surround 5.1 DTS-HD MA
video file Blu-ray region A
- A group of strangers fighting tooth and nail over buried treasure, is the most grandly harebrained movie ever made, a pileup of slapstick and borscht-belt-y one-liners performed by a nonpareil cast
- disc 1. Feature film (general release version)
disc 2. Feature film (extended version)
- Spencer Tracy, Milton Berle, Sid Caesar, Buddy Hackett, Ethel Merman, Mickey Rooney, Jonathan Winters, Dick Shawn, Phil Silvers, Terry-Thomas, Jimmy Durante.
- Music by Ernest Gold ; cinematography by Ernest Laszlo ; edited by Gene Fowler, Jr., Robert C. Jones, Frederic Knudtson ; production design by Rudolph Sternad ; art direction by Gordon Gurnee ; titles, Saul Bass.
- Originally released as a motion picture in 1963.
Special features: Restored 4K digital film transfer of the general release version; new high-definition digital transfer of the 197 minute extended version; new audio commentaries; new documentary on the films visual and sound effects; interviews; excerpts from a 1974 talk show hosted by director Stanely Kramer and others; excepts about the influence of the film; two-part 1963 episode of the TV program Telescopel; the last 70mm film festival; selection of humorist and voice-over artist Stan Freberg's original TV and radio ads for the film; trailers and radio spots; booklet.
- Kramer, Stanley, film producer, film director.
Rose, William, 1914-1987, screenwriter.
Rose, Tania, screenwriter.
Tracy, Spencer, 1900-1967, actor.
Berle, Milton, actor.
Caesar, Sid, 1922-2014, actor.
Hackett, Buddy, 1924-2003, actor.
Merman, Ethel, actor.
Gold, Ernest, 1921-1999, composer (expression)
Casey Productions, production company
Criterion Collection (Firm), film distributor.
- Publisher Number:
CC2331BDDVD The Criterion collection
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|