Tattvabodhaprakaraṇa, circa 1700-1850. = तत्त्वबोधप्रकरण, १७००-१८५०.
- circa 1700-1850.
1 item (5 leaves) : paper ; 12 x 23 cm.
Manuscripts, Sanskrit -- 18th century.
Manuscripts, Sanskrit -- 19th century.
Manuscripts -- India -- 18th century.
Manuscripts -- India -- 19th century.
- In Sanskrit (Devanāgarī)
- Manuscript is used for contemplation and study and is a Hindu philosophical treatise written from the perspective of the Advaita (non-dual) Vedānta school of Hindu philosophy. Work is sometimes attributed to the writer Śaṅkarācārya, though more likely written by one of his followers, and is considered to be an introductory summary that highlights the main features of Advaita Vedānta.
- Title from colophon (f. 5v).
Written in 10-11 lines per leaf.
5 leaves foliated 1-5, upper left and lower right verso.
Colophon: iti tattvabodhaprakaraṇaṃ samāptaṃ // (f. 5v).
Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; text written on blue, European paper.
Raised imprint (embossed) of a crest on final folio (f. 5v)
- Cited in:
- Listed in H.I. Poleman, Census of Indic Manuscripts in the United States and Canada (New Haven, Conn.: American Oriental Society, 1938), Poleman 4206 (UP 886).
- Cited as:
- UPenn Ms. Coll. 390, Item 886.
- Contained In:
- Collection of Indic Manuscripts. Item 886
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|