Kuṭasthadīpa, 1850. = कुटस्थदीप, १८५०.
- Standardized Title:
- Pañcadaśī. Selections
1 item (11 leaves) : paper ; 20 x 33 cm.
- Self (Philosophy).
Manuscripts, Sanskrit -- 19th century.
Manuscripts -- India -- 19th century.
- In Sanskrit (Devanāgarī)
- Manuscript is used for contemplation and study and is a treatise on Hindu philosophy; a discussion on the unchangeability of the inner self from the perspective of the Advaita (non-dualism) Vedānta school of philosophy; work contains part of an extensive commentary called the Tātparyabodhinī by Rāmakṛṣṇa running parallel, above and below, the main root text.
- Title from colophon (f. 11r); commentary title Tātparyabodhinī supplied by cataloger.
Written in 13-17 lines per leaf.
11 leaves foliated 1-11, upper left and lower right verso.
Colophon: iti śrīmatparamahaṃsaparivrājakāryacāśrīvidyāraṇyakṛtakuṭasthadīpaḥ samāptaḥ // śrīmat / śrīpādaprasan astu // (f. 11r).
Dated śaka 1772 (1850), based on Ms. Coll. 390, Item 890 (f. 1r) and Item 893 (f. 9r), once part of the same manuscript.
Scribe is Janārdana Tāhmaṇakara, based on Ms. Coll. 390, Item 903 (f. 3r), once part of the same manuscript.
Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout; vertical margins marked with double red line.
Manuscript was originally part of a larger manuscript that was divided into parts before its purchase, but sold together with Ms. Coll. 390, Item 890, Item 891, Item 892, Item 893, Item 894, Item 895, Item 897, Item 898, Item 899, Item 900, Item 902, Item 903, Item 904, and Item 905.
Watermarks on some folios with the date 1847 together with the name W. Warren & Sons; other folios have a crest with a seated Britannia on it.
- Cited in:
- Listed in H.I. Poleman, Census of Indic Manuscripts in the United States and Canada (New Haven, Conn.: American Oriental Society, 1938), Poleman 3984 (UP 896).
- Cited as:
- UPenn Ms. Coll. 390, Item 896
- Janārdana Tāhmaṇakara, scribe.
- Rāmakr̥ṣṇa. Tātparyabodhinī.
- Contained In:
- Collection of Indic Manuscripts. Item 896
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|