Viṣayānandaprakaraṇa, 1850. = विषयानन्द, १८५०.
- Standardized Title:
- Pañcadaśī. Selections
1 item (3 leaves) : paper ; 21 x 33 cm.
Manuscripts, Sanskrit -- 19th century.
Manuscripts -- India -- 19th century.
- In Sanskrit (Devanāgarī)
- Manuscript is used for contemplation and study and is a treatise on Hindu philosophy from the perspective of the Advaita (non-dualism) Vedānta school of philosophy; work contains part of an extensive commentary called the Tātparyabodhinī by Rāmakṛṣṇa running parallel, above and below, the main root text.
- Title from title page (f. 3v); commentary title Tātparyabodhinī supplied by cataloger; alternate commentary title Pañcadaśīprakāśikā from commentary colophon (f. 3r).
Written in 15-16 lines per leaf.
3 leaves foliated 1-3, upper left and lower right verso.
Colophon: iti vidyāraṇyakṛtau viṣayānaṃdaprakaraṇaṃ saṃpūrṇam // 5 śrīparamātmāparaguruparaḥ śivāya namaḥ (f. 3r).
Dated śaka 1772 (1850), based on Ms. Coll. 390, Item 890 (f. 1r) and Item 893 (f. 9r), once part of the same manuscript.
Scribe is Janārdana Tāhmaṇakara (f. 3r).
Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout; vertical margins marked with double red line.
Manuscript was originally part of a larger manuscript that was divided into parts before its purchase, but sold together with Ms. Coll. 390, Item 890, Item 891, Item 892, Item 893, Item 894, Item 895, Item 896, Item 897, Item 898, Item 899, Item 900, Item 902, Item 904, and Item 905.
Watermarks on a number of folios with the date 1835 and the name W. Venables & Co along with crest shaped as a heart.
- Cited in:
- Listed in H.I. Poleman, Census of Indic Manuscripts in the United States and Canada (New Haven, Conn.: American Oriental Society, 1938), Poleman 4053 (UP 903).
- Cited as:
- UPenn Ms. Coll. 390, Item 903
- Janārdana Tāhmaṇakara, scribe.
- Rāmakr̥ṣṇa. Tātparyabodhinī.
- Contained In:
- Collection of Indic Manuscripts. Item 903
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|