Members of Parliament 1979 - 2010 / edited by Paul Bowers and Oonagh Gay.
- London : Stationery Office, 2011.
- House of Commons Library document ; 24.
House of Commons Library document ; 24
- Government document
264 p. ; ill. (some col.), port. ; 30 cm.
- Great Britain. Parliament. House of Commons. Members of Parliament -- Directories.
Legislators -- Great Britain -- Directories.
Great Britain. Parliament. House of Commons. Members of Parliament.
- This volume contains biographies of all Members of Parliament who served in the House of Commons between the general election of 1979 and the dissolution of Parliament on 12 April 2010. It contains statistical and general analysis by the House of Commons Library on developments over the past 31 years and includes reflections from a number of long-serving MPs on the changes they witnessed during that period. The information provided on each MP includes: Full name, gender, date of birth and death, honours awarded and peerage ; Constituencies represented and dates; Constituencies contested but lost; Total length of service; Party allegiance while in the UK Parliament or other legislatures; Date of maiden speech; Representation in UK devolved legislatures and European Parliament; Ministerial posts (including whips, but not Parliamentary Private Secretaries); Official Opposition Shadow Cabinet posts and, from 2005, all Conservative and Liberal Democrat opposition posts; Selected other posts (including parliamentary and devolved legislature offices, and party leadership); Chairs of Commons select committees and nominated House committees since the General Election 2005.
- With foreword by Rt Hon John Bercow, Speaker of the House of Commons and reflections from long-serving Members of Parliament.
- Bowers, Paul.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|