Gulliver's travels [videorecording] / Old Time Movie Club presents ; a Paramount Picture ; Paramount presents ; directed by Dave Fleischer ; produced by Max Fleischer ; screen play, Dan Gordon, Cal Howard, Ted Pierce, I. Sparber, Edmond Seward ; story adaptation, Edmond Seward ; animation, Graham Place, Arnold Gillespie, and others.
- England : Retro-Media, c2006.
1 videodisc (75 min.) : sd., col. . ; 4 3/4 in.
- Swift, Jonathan, 1667-1745 -- Film adaptations.
Gulliver, Lemuel (Fictitious character) -- Drama.
Imaginary societies -- Drama.
Voyages, Imaginary -- Drama.
Travelers -- Drama.
Gulliver, Lemuel (Fictitious character)
- Fantasy films.
Fantasy -- Animation -- Feature.
Adaptation -- Animation -- Feature.
- System Details:
- Lemuel Gulliver, life-sized shipwrecked sailor, is cast up on the shores of Lilliput, inhabited by tiny people. He is discovered by Gabby, the town crier, who gets the fright of his life at the sight of the monster. Gulliver, however, is a kindly creature. He intervenes in a war between Lilliput and a neighbouring kingdom, united the Princess of one to the Prince of the other, and sails away on a rainbow sunset which brings in all the colours of the spectrum.
- Singing voice of Princess Glory, Jessica Dragonette ; singing voice of Prince David, Lanny Ross.
- Photography, Charles Schettler ; music, Victor Young.
- DVD release of the 1939 motion picture.
Special features: Tom & Jerry in A Spanish twist (5 min.) ; Goofy goat antics (7 min.)
- Local notes:
- Purchased for the Penn Libraries in 2009.
- Penn Provenance:
- Denison, Geoffrey (former owner)
- Penn Chronology:
- Fleischer, Dave, 1894-1979. , Director
Fleischer, Max, 1883-1972. , Producer
Gordon, Dan. , Screenwriter
Dragonette, Jessica, 1900-1980. , Actor
Ross, Lanny, 1906-1988. , Actor
Swift, Jonathan, 1667-1745. , Author
Old Time Movie Club. , Distributor
Paramount Pictures, Inc.. , Producer
Geoffrey Denison Gulliver's Travels Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|