Lynn Chadwick / Michael Bird.
- Burlington, VT : Lund Humphries/Ashgate Publishing Company, 2014.
191 pages : illustrations ; 30 cm
- Chadwick, Lynn, 1914-2003 -- Criticism and interpretation.
Chadwick, Lynn, 1914-2003.
Sculptors -- Great Britain -- Biography.
- This highly readable book provides a comprehensive survey of Chadwick's career: from his beginnings as an architectural designer in the 1930s, through his emergence as a major international sculptor in the 1950s, to his late, isolated pursuit of monumental bronze and steel sculpture in the 1980s and 1990s. It reassesses earlier critical positions on his work, and post-war British sculpture more generally, and offers a fresh perspective on all phases of his long and productive career. -- Book Jacket
- Blowtorch poetry : the new welders
Draughtsman and designer : 1914-49
"Coming from the dark" : 1950-52
Beasts and Teddy boys : 1953-55
Art of predicament : 1956-57
The sculptor's domain : 1958-63
The shining ones : 1964-77
Figures ascending : 1978-2003.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 9781848221352 (hardcover : alk. paper)
1848221355 (hardcover : alk. paper)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|