Getting it published : a guide for scholars and anyone else serious about serious books / William Germano.
- 2nd ed.
- Chicago : University of Chicago Press, 2008.
- Chicago guides to writing, editing, and publishing.
Chicago guides to writing, editing, and publishing
xi, 218 p. ; 24 cm.
- Authorship -- Marketing.
Authors and publishers.
- Local subjects:
- Escritor -- manual. (search)
Editoração -- manual. (search)
Direito autoral -- Estados Unidos. (search)
- "Germano, a veteran editor with experience in both the university press and commercial worlds, knows his audience. This second edition will teach readers how to think about, describe, and pitch their manuscripts before they submit them. They'll discover the finer points of publishing etiquette, including how to approach a busy editor and how to work with other publishing professionals on matters of design, marketing, and publicity. In a new afterword, they'll also find helpful advice on what they can - and must - do to promote their work." "A true insider's guide to academic publishing, the second edition of Getting It Published will help authors understand what to expect from the publishing process, from manuscript to finished book and beyond."--BOOK JACKET.
- What do publishers do?
Writing the manuscript
Selecting a publisher
What editors look for
Surviving the review process
What a contract means
Collections and anthologies
Quotations, pictures, and other headaches
How to deliver a manuscript
And then what happens to it
The via electronica
and the next.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Other format:
- Online version: Germano, William P., 1950- Getting it published.
- 9780226288529 (alk. paper)
9780226288536 (pbk. : alk. paper)
0226288528 (alk. paper)
0226288536 (pbk. : alk. paper)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|